PDA

View Full Version : Live Education!

MotherOfGirls
11-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Does anyone here use this curriculum? Any clues as to how much it costs?

AngelBee
11-27-2005, 02:00 AM
I have never heard of it. :shrug

Mamatoto
11-27-2005, 03:45 PM
I haven't used it, but I have seen it. Did you find the website? I will go get you a link...

Mamatoto
11-27-2005, 03:52 PM
http://www.live-education.com/

I think the prices vary on what year you do. The thing I like about Live Ed is that you actually get matched up with a Waldorf teacher to help you out.

MotherOfGirls
11-28-2005, 01:38 AM
Yep, saw the website. I'm instinctively cautious about curricula which do not just go ahead and give you a price. Maybe it's me :shrug I just don't like that. Also I'm wondering if the tutor thing would really travel the Atlantic that well :think In my experience the expectations and understandiing of the educational process, waldorf or otherwise, tends to be very, very different in the UK than in the US.

allisonintx
11-29-2005, 09:30 AM
I am leary of Waldorf education because of the spiritual issues.

MotherOfGirls
11-29-2005, 12:33 PM
I understand that, midwifetx, and I am a little, too - there are just some of the concepts that look very worthwhile :think
Dh is very cautious about the whole Steiner thing ... but its a funny thing, I am also leary of handing things over without a fight, yknow?
I know people who say 'oooh, christians shouldn't get mixed up in herbalism, that's occult, y'know' and then I'm like 'Woah - God gave us herbs, a bunch of ungodly people grab them for themselves and we just go 'OK Satan, you have the herbs' - huh?' :giggle (I know that' s exaggeration!)
I'm kind of trying to feel my way through the situation. I joined a lot of groups this last week (I'll probably leave most of them, as my inbox is overflowing :doh) but somehow can't get to the crux of it.
Oh well, keep looking!

ShangriLewis
11-30-2005, 09:35 PM
The pricing is under pricing :) The pages where you see the books are actually the sample pages.

MotherOfGirls
12-01-2005, 01:58 AM
Ah. :giggle
This was probably too complicated for me :doh
Thank you