PDA

View Full Version : I've have a dog in my house right now that isn't mine

J3K
11-17-2005, 07:51 AM
Poor doggie.

Chocolate lab mix. Sweet girl. She snorts when she roots around the house and it's the cutest thing ever. snortsnurklesnort

This dog belongs to a neighbor down the road. I'm soooo very tired of returning this dog. The living conditions are poor (if I'm being generous) ...downright squalor if I'm not. All throughout the summer I went down to give this dog fresh water. I spoke with the owner , I spoke with the kids. Yet still they let her run loose (really I have no problem with that , it's better than being stuck a small cage or worse...tied up)......but she's malnourished , thirsty , and today she was bitterly cold. Curled in a ball on my front porch.

I let her in..knowing she doesn't have adequate shelter elsewhere. She's warm now...ate her fill , had plenty of water , and is now snurkle/snorfling around the house.

I'm gonna call the pound when they open. Poor baby deserves a much better home. and our no kill shelter will find her one. I wish we could keep her. But we can't.

Have I mentioned that the owners live in a 6000sq ft home and have two indoor dogs ? Little lap dogs. Cute "appropriate" indoor dogs. And this poor baby lives in a cage and depends on me to remind her owner to feed/water her.

Sick.

sometimes I wish I was less compassionate.

4thekids
11-17-2005, 08:31 AM
We got one of our dogs like that. Her owner had moved and left her. :mad A neighbor with a big fenced yard claimed her. But they couldn't keep her in the fence. She came down to our house the first time we saw her and looked very undernourished. We walked her around looking for her home and that is when we found out her first (and for all we knew at that time, only) owner had moved out and left her. (Their next door neighbor told us.) So we took her home, gave her a bath, got her fed and let her snuggle up and enjoy the indoors. When she went outside she did have to be on a leash (bad area, another neighbor sets out antifreeze to attract animals to his backyard and poison them, which is why the owner needed to keep her in the fence.) Anyways... they saw her and was like, "can we have our dog back?" The very next day she was back at our house. My DH went to her house and asked them if they "could manage to keep her contained or should we?" :shifty They said she was to much of a bother and we could keep her. Over a year later (and now way out in the country where she can roam free) and we still have her and she is a great dog. So many people just see a cute puppy and don't think through the fact that soon it will be a dog. They don't think of how much work it is. They just see cuteness. :sad2 I am glad that you have their pup and can get it to a good shelter. :tu for no kill shelters!

MrsWells77
11-20-2005, 03:11 PM
:tu :clap to you! We have 3 labs that we own and I cannot imagine how people can mistreat them! Be sure to tell the shelter about the circumstances under which you found her. That way if the owner's go to claim her there is some kind of a report made. You might want to try and find out if you can report them to Animal Control, yet surrender the dog to a no kill shelter. If the owner's ask anything about the dog, I'd be SURE to play dumb! They don't need to go looking for it and have it suffer the same way again! A no kill shelter will find a great home! It is so :bheart to see helpless animals mistreated.