PDA

View Full Version : From what age can I try The No-Cry Sleep Solution?

Hopeful
11-14-2005, 09:56 AM
just wondering...(I haven't got the book yet)

also, is it any good? :O

DogwoodMama
11-14-2005, 09:58 AM
It's very good, I highly recommend it. :tu It's not a "sleep training" book, really, but has suggestions you can implement from the get-go, and lots of description about what normal sleep patterns are. :grin

Radosny Matka
11-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Yah, what Elizabeth said. I wish I had the book this time around, because I would have done things a bit differently with Patrick. I will definately follow her suggestions next time!

cannuke
12-02-2005, 10:07 AM
:hug

The book is supposed to be good from birth onwards. She does break up babies' sleeping habits and suggestions into younger than 4months old and older than 4 months old.

malakoa
12-03-2005, 10:38 PM
i have this book and it's a heck of a lot of work to implement if you're used to the tuck everyone in to bed and nurse you both to sleep.

that said, we never used the "program" but did find her ideas about naps, etc interesting and important. for us Small slept through the night from the time she a week old, until she was about four months old. Then the drama began.

I wish you the best. :)

Mamatoto
12-04-2005, 12:23 PM
I read over the book and didn't find it too helpful. :hiding

tempestjewel
12-06-2005, 08:45 AM
I ready her book geared towards babies when DD was almost 1, and didn't find it too helpful for me then. I was excited when she put out the No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers, but found most of the suggestions were really geared for kids who had some understanding, and now that DD is almost 2 she is beginning too, but the book suggestions are still not that applicable for us yet. I think reading the No-cry sleep solution for babies would be most helpful with a newborn (2-3 months old).

My suggestions- see if you can get it from the library! That way you can see if anything looks helpful before you pay for the book!