PDA

View Full Version : I keep loosing them :(

This Busy Mom
11-08-2005, 11:20 PM
Ebay auctions, that is. I'm trying to score a big Newbery book lot for my oldest. He's been out of reading material since August :jawdrop .

He does best if I just fill up his bookcase in the bedroom, then let him choose.

I've lost 4 auctions for big book lots... 50+ :( . It's going to be part of his Christmas present, if I can win one.

I

Cheyenne
11-08-2005, 11:29 PM
:sorry :hug2

erinee
11-09-2005, 02:34 AM
That's so frustrating! That's why I just do buy it now whenever I can, I hate losing something I really want! :hissyfit

allisonintx
11-09-2005, 08:10 AM
What's your auction strategy? Are you actually bidding on them when there's still time left? I find that this just drives up the cost of the item.

This Busy Mom
11-09-2005, 08:22 AM
*gasp* noooo... lol.... I'm a sniper :shifty . That's why it's soooo irritating. There's been a lot of snipers on these auctions. I'm watching one right now that has a $11 bid... for over 100 books... you can bet the snipers are hiding.

allisonintx
11-09-2005, 08:58 AM
I use www.auctionstealer .com for my sniping needs :O I also paid the $9/yr that allows for me to have a 3second snipe time. It had more than paid for itself. Of course there are those who think you should just sit in front of the auction and do your best to get it that way, but I have a life.

This Busy Mom
11-09-2005, 09:05 AM
I've been using esnipe.com... I'll have to check out auction stealer. I'm about out of points for esnipe.

I also found a seller that is selling booklots of new scholastic books... and they are brand new and cheap to boot... I'm trying to find out if they can give me a newberry lot. I'm wondering if isn't an overstocked warehouse or something. There's piles and piles of books in the picture...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8013308565&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

2TMama
11-09-2005, 07:06 PM
BUMMER, Christa! :td

*That* is why I don't like ebay--- If I really want something and then lose it added w/ the fact that I'm not willing (as midwifetx said) to sit around and make watching the bidding my LIFE in order to win!

I wonder if anyone's selling any on the used Sonlight board or Vegsource?

This Busy Mom
11-09-2005, 09:01 PM
Truthfully, I don't think I'd touch Vegsource with a ten foot pole anymore. I used to hang out there eons ago and left way back over the stupid pop up ad thing.

Now I'm going to have to go look :giggle :giggle :giggle . I have a 50+ year old set of Grolier books that I got last year and I was able to find the last book I needed off of someone selling used books there.