PDA

View Full Version : Marvelous Moby!

MrsWells77
11-01-2005, 12:33 PM
I just got my Moby! I had a ring sling and it was great when my dd was a newborn, but she no longer likes it. I checked out every sling out there and decided on the Moby...it was a great price...like $35 I think. I ordered it on Friday and it came on Monday! WOWOWOWOW! My dd has been super happy in it. She's sleeping in it as I type this. She was happily riding along in the Moby while I spent an hour at the grocery today. She's 3 1/2 mos. This is a SUPER sling! I ordered mine from www.attachedtobaby.com

It's GREAT!!

DogwoodMama
11-01-2005, 12:38 PM
I want one for my new baby too :tu

LauraK
11-03-2005, 09:01 AM
I think moby wraps are awesome baby calmers for little bitties.

Katydid
11-03-2005, 01:06 PM
I want one for my new baby too :tu

Oh, me too!

What color did you get? I am really eyeing the seinna! :rockon

MrsWells77
11-04-2005, 12:14 PM
I got the moss green color. It's very pretty.

MamaKanga
11-04-2005, 08:32 PM
I LOVE my Moby! I actually bought a spare because we love it so much. Now I keep one in the car and one in the house, or coordinate them with my outfit, lol! I agree that it's an awesome wrap.

crochetmama
11-05-2005, 08:38 AM
Ok, so here's a question:

For those who have a moby, are any of you plus size and can you do all the positions? And how hot is it? I live in Arizona so it's hot (understatment) in the summer, spring, fall (aw, heck, pretty much all year round!)...

Hugs,
tammy

MamaKanga
11-05-2005, 06:05 PM
It's not hotter than any other wrap, except maybe a gauze. It's a stretchy cotton jersey material, like a t-shirt. It's so soft and comfy! But I don't know that I'd wear it to the park in July :P

I am a size 18-20 and it fits me just fine. I can wrap it all the way to the front to tie. However, even if I had to tie it in the back, it would be fine. Just as safe, no problem. I think that's actually what the instructions say to do, but they add that you can continue it to the front if you want. I believe just about anyone could wear this wrap. :-)

mom2chrisnluke
11-05-2005, 07:42 PM
I am waiting on my Moby to come in on Monday I hope. But I wanted to know if any of you were able to nurse in the Moby. I have a newborn and would love to be able to get up and tend to little ones while I nurse and be able to nurse easier at the park and all. I can't nurse with my hotsling or my ring sling. Can anyone else nurse in a hotsling? I just hope there is someway I can nurse in the Moby, any hope?

Leah

MamaKanga
11-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Hi Leah, I can't, but that's because I have big bbs and have to hold them while nursing :O What I can do is slip one arm out of the moby and nurse DD, then slip my arm back in. So she's never out, but I create enough room for me to hold the bb and let her eat.

When a wrap is used with the cradle hold, I think it would be fairly easy to nurse as long as you don't have to help baby. However, done in the kangaroo tummy-to-tummy hold I don't think it would be a good idea unless baby is older. To properly support baby's spine the wrap nees to be very snug, and baby couldn't nurse this way in that position.

HTH! Enjoy your Moby! Mine is worth a million dollars to us! :heart