PDA

View Full Version : rave reviews about my sling

kauaidee
10-24-2005, 04:15 PM
from my daughter Abigail. A little background, when I was pregnant with Abigail the only gift I really wanted was a sling. And one of my bestest friends sent me a padded sling. I was so stoked and couldn't wait to use it. Well I didn't end up using it as much as I wanted to when she was born. It took me awhile to get the hang of it, she didn't like the containment much, and it was too hot. I will say that the times I did use it it was a lifesaver (well at least the difference between me eating or not at restaurants :) I didn't give up though and started to use it more as she got older. I've really struggled with bonding with Abigail (I know this means we will have a tight bond) and I love how the sling makes me feel connected to her. So anyway Faith took to the sling right away which has been way cool. So now of course Abigai is interested in the sling too since she sees Faith use it. :) So I walk to the visitors center to use the internet. Depending how I feel I alternate my babes between Sling and stroller. So the last couple of times I've had Faith in the stroller and Abigail walking. Abigail has to be close to 30 pounds now so I try not to sling her the whole way since it is hard on my shoulders, but she will ask to go in the sling.

So one time I put her in the sling and she says "That's better"

The next day she says "Put me in the sling, the sling is perfect for me" :gcmhi

So I figure it is good exercise anyway lol. Plus what I love is how she cuddles into me when I sling her. This from my "not very cuddly" girl.

I just love slinging I can see how this could get addictive :-)

:)
Donna

phermion
10-24-2005, 04:20 PM
That's really sweet. :heart

slingmamaof4
10-24-2005, 04:27 PM
:heart Sweet!

I didn't have a sling when my dd was really little, but I have used it with her a few times even though she was 3 the first time she was in it.

But my ds LOVED the sling. If we were out he practically lived in it. I couldn't even imagine not having one now if I ever have another baby.