PDA

View Full Version : Need Help w/ FB Sizing, Please!

mamajoy7
10-23-2005, 08:57 PM
My son seems to be right on the edge of a med/lg, and I'm hoping that someone can help me out.
He is 9 months old and weighs 23 lbs. His waist is 19" (laying down) and his thighs are 13". His rise is approx 17".
I don't want to get a medium and have it be too small, but I don't want a large to be too big.
What would you do?
Thanks! :)
tara

milkmommy
10-23-2005, 09:30 PM
If he needs a longer rise than the mediums but not the weight of a large try the petite toddlers they are the thigh and waist of the mediums but with a longer rise..
Deanna

LauraK
10-23-2005, 09:52 PM
I find the mediums to be small on my daughter who just turned one year and is 20 lbs. I bought some because I thought the larges were a bit big and ended up selling them because they seemed too small. I learned from a friend you can actually sort of cross over the top of the large FBs to make them fit on an even smaller baby. Just cross the snaps over and snap them on the other side if you need to. If you need me to I could take a picture of this if you need me to. I use larges even though they are a little bit big. Petite larges fit her better as she is a bit long and lean but I have mostly larges and she rarely has leaks with them. I would start out buying just one large or petite large to try and see which you like better before buying a bunch. I personally like the larges because they will fit until potty training and I am essentially cheap. I personally would not bother with mediums once a baby is over 20 lbs but that is just my experience.

milkmommy
10-23-2005, 10:28 PM
I agree with trying them the larges to this day remain huge on my DD even crossing over the snaps and shes 34lbs bu the PT have fit great since she was 11 months old.

Deanna

BornFreeBaby
10-25-2005, 02:03 PM
Have you ordered some to try already?

I would go with med.'s. My dd started wearing Petite Larges at 18 mo. and is almost 2 and has moved into the bigger snaps on the P.L.
I think that a Large would be really huge on your dc. Can you buy some cheap on ebay?