PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried the Storchenwiege?

MamaKanga
10-18-2005, 07:31 AM
http://www.theslingstation.com/storch.html

The Tickle Momster
10-18-2005, 08:33 AM
I just got one. What do you want to know?

MamaKanga
10-18-2005, 08:48 AM
oooo!! How do you like it? Is it easy to use? Durable? Worth the money? I have only ever used my moby wrap (which I LOVE) so I dont' have much experience...

The Tickle Momster
10-18-2005, 02:04 PM
So far I really like it. We have had an Ellaroo for a while (~ 2 years) & LOVE it. The Storch is much thicker and so sturdier. It seems a little long to me. About 18" more than my ER. Not sure why. It is definitely comfy. I find it a little harder to tie since it is a thicker fabric. The knot seems huge to me. I'm sure it is worth the $$. (I'm just having some buyers remorse cause we really didn't need it & I really wanted it. :/ I haven't washed it yet so not sure if it really won't shrink (says it won't). It is also, not stretchy like the HaB. Enjoy!

You might also check cottoncradles.com and childrensneeds.com

waterbaby
10-24-2005, 04:42 PM
I have the Storch Leo Natural. I looooove it. It washes beautifully and is so soft. I don't dry mine, but I know you can without it shrinking. My friend washed hers and it didnt shrink. It air dries quickly...I spread it out over chairs. I have the 4.6.

MamaKanga
10-24-2005, 05:31 PM
OK, I got it, but honestly I hate it. :( I really want to like it. I have tried & tried. It's so beautiful! But it's so bulky and heavy and the knot *is* huge!

But, my dd is just about 14lbs, so it's easy to carry her in the Moby wrap. I'm wondering if I'll want the Storch or maybe an Ellaroo for when she's older?! Ugh.

waterbaby
10-25-2005, 08:27 AM
I don't knot mine....I tuck it. And if I do sometimes knot, I don't doubleknot. The Storch is a sling that will last *forever*, b/c it's so sturdy and I believe it holds more weight, doesn't it? I'd have to look that up again.
I'm sorry you don't like it :(

The Tickle Momster
10-26-2005, 02:04 PM
You will probably want something for when baby is heavier. My dd is almost 19 pounds at 6 months. After using the Storch for a few weeks I am liking it more & more. I haven't washed it yet. It has few pressure points than my Ellaroo & that doesn't have many. I just wish I could get it to turn like the pictures in the "manual".

Waterbaby, how do you do it with out knotting it? I'd love to learn that trick. Thanks!

waterbaby
10-27-2005, 10:36 AM
You will probably want something for when baby is heavier. My dd is almost 19 pounds at 6 months. After using the Storch for a few weeks I am liking it more & more. I haven't washed it yet. It has few pressure points than my Ellaroo & that doesn't have many. I just wish I could get it to turn like the pictures in the "manual".

Waterbaby, how do you do it with out knotting it? I'd love to learn that trick. Thanks!

Hey there...really, I just kind of half knot it, then tuck wherever I can. That keeps a bulky knot out of the way, and keeps extra cloth from getting in my way. Or sometimes I'll halfknot it then bring the tails around me again, depending on what carry I'm doing. thebabywearer.com forums give good info on all of this...you just have to search for it.

waterbaby
10-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Check out this link...she doesn't knot her wrap. http://hem.bredband.net/carelm/barsjalar/tibetansk_ryggsack.htm