PDA

View Full Version : Is your dc attached to the sling?

DogwoodMama
10-04-2005, 01:22 PM
My dd is 22 months old, and she still LOVES the sling... I mean she really, really loves being slung, it's not the same to her to just be held in-arms... Usually in the morning she says "Shling me mommy!" and brings the sling to me while I'm getting breakfast ready... she does this at dinner too, unless dh takes her out to play. And if she's cranky or tired she wants to be in the sling, and wants me to walk her & not put her down. I almost feel like the sling has replaced comfort nursing to a degree for some reason. Is anyone else's older baby/toddler like this? Is it normal for "sling babies" to be so attached to the sling? :scratch

I don't mind, actually, just getting a bit worried about not being able to sling her as my pregnancy progresses... It's really cute how she wants to cuddle in the sling, and puts her head on my shoulder and says "awwww!" :grin I know it must feel very safe & comforting to her.

MarynMunchkins
10-04-2005, 01:53 PM
Colin was until about a month ago. Than he realized it was keeping him out of stuff :giggle and doesn't want in it unless he's tired. :)

Irene
10-04-2005, 01:56 PM
my ds refuses the sling anymore :cry Its making it very hard on me because he wants to be held all the time but if I sling him then he screams adn thrashes about and comes undone and falls and carries on like Im torturing him :/ even if I take it out of the closet it will end up in a fit of screams. :shrug

DogwoodMama
10-04-2005, 02:03 PM
It's so interesting... I wonder if dd will hit a stage where she doesn't like it? I can hardly imagine that! :giggle

Embracing Grace
10-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Ds sounds like he'll hyperventilate from excitement when he sees me getting ready to sling him! :lol :heart

joystrength
10-04-2005, 03:23 PM
all four of us got out at the grocery store -- just a short in-and-out-trip -- last night.
As soon as we were walking away from the van, DD started saying, "NIng, ning! mommee. ning!"

lavender mom
10-04-2005, 03:45 PM
My DD gets excited when she sees me pull it out. And she does like to cuddle it when it's not on, so I think she's on her way to being attached to it. :smile

mom2jolakeil
10-05-2005, 10:31 AM
Ilana is. She actually uses it like a "lovey". It's cute :) She calls it her "ming". It's cute. She's getting a little heavy to sling anymore, but we try (she's 35lbs now). It actually caught on my purse in July and tore some (and would you believe it took MIL and me working together to get her out of it :eek so when people ask if their dc will fall out... :giggle). I had to fight back tears. My wonderful MIL took it home and patched it back up and we still use it ;)

Mama Calidad
10-05-2005, 10:38 AM
My DC use the slings everyday, but at this point their packing their babies or using them as gigantic playsilks (er, playcottons?). They like to have it wrapped round and round and round them like a bath towel. DD doesn't look quite as funny, but DS is :laughtears It goes from his armpits to his feet. :laughtears