PDA

View Full Version : Boys!

ServingGod
09-28-2005, 10:04 AM
I wasnt sure WHERE to put this! But I figured here, since Im unprepared for it. :giggle My 3.5 and 5yo have a new "game". Once is named Sharkbait, the other is Braveman. They run around the house, tackle each other and pretend fight, and wrestle each other to the ground. :hunh Ummmm....Do boys NEED to do this??? Its a little...ummm...strange. :giggle

mamatogands
09-28-2005, 10:12 AM
as far as I can tell, dh still needs to do this. he definitely has a sharkbait alter-ego.
:) :shrug :rolleyes

4blessings
09-28-2005, 10:14 AM
I think boys do need to do things like that...at least my three do! Having had only sisters, I don't understand it at all, but I really do think it's a need. I just set boundaries about what's acceptable and what's not and I pray a lot that we don't have anymore broken bones as a result of it, LOL! Last winter my boys were playing like that, not really all that rough b/c I was watching, the older one tripped and knocked down the younger then fell on top of him and broke his elbow!!!

Dana Joy
09-28-2005, 10:15 AM
i'm surprised they waited this long- seems normal for any kids- not just boys

Katherine
09-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Yep, my boys were all over each other from the time the little one got mobile enough to do it (and I started allowing it :shifty )

Sometimes I jump the gun interfering in their "play" b/c it seems too rough or I think somebody's getting hurt.. only to realize they are both having a ball, and that the second I "rescue" the victim, he's going to start laughing hysterically and charge right back for another pounding. :rolleyes :P

boys, boys, boys.. gotta love em! :mrgreen

GodisGood
09-28-2005, 03:17 PM
Yup, they need to do that. It's what they do. :giggle

abbiroads
09-28-2005, 03:22 PM
read "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge.

ServingGod
09-28-2005, 03:31 PM

I did, didnt make much sense to me. :shifty I guess from here on out...I will think of them as lion cubs. But its awfully frightening. Do you know the other day, they were standing on opposite sides of the room, running full tilt at each other, and tackling each other?? My 5yo started turning at the last second, and evidently my 3yo is made to be a linebacker. :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

GodisGood
09-28-2005, 03:37 PM
Sounds about right. I have an almost 5yo and 2 yo that would probably give you a heart attack. My 6 mo nursling can't do much damage yet. :giggle But I expect he'll be in there with them soon enough :rolleyes

We've dubbed the 2 yo "the little ox" :lol

Katherine
09-28-2005, 04:18 PM
you know the other day, they were standing on opposite sides of the room, running full tilt at each other, and tackling each other??

My 2yo started doing this as soon as he could run... but he rams into everything and everybody... and he doesn't spare himself or anyone else even a fraction of force. We're going to have a broken nose at some point if he doesn't learn to turn his head and lower his shoulder. :/ My Dad thinks it hysterical... I joke that we need to get him one of those heavy duty football frames with the padding that the guys ram into during practice. :mrgreen He doesn't have a cautious bone in his body. :rolleyes

Eowyn
09-28-2005, 11:39 PM
My 2 year old's forehead is has three knots on it. All from separate events. He's supervised, but apparently has a destructive streak. LOL My almost 6 month old regularly tries to launch himself in his brother's direction. I am gong to be in so much trouble when they're both able to walk and run together.

larsonwoman
10-16-2005, 08:48 AM
Yes, they need this. As long as they aren't trying to kill each other.

sgreen
10-16-2005, 09:43 AM
Yes, My two do a lot of what you could call 'rough housing' :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

I do understand that it can be very alarming though.. :eek...when they get particularly physical, you could try taking them out to a beach/large grass area etc to work it out of them!! I must admit i dont do thisas often as i think i could....but just turning them out into the garden would help you cope better..? :smile

I know how you feel though!!! I sometime feel lkike a female extra in a sswash buckler film...stop...someone's going to get hurt!! he he :mrgreen :mrgreen :D

cannuke
10-31-2005, 07:01 AM

I did, didnt make much sense to me. :shifty

Yup, me too. :blush I didn't even realize that it was about male stuff at first. Our pastor preached a whole series in which he quoted quite heavily from that book but didn't say what the book was about. :shrug Maybe I wasn't listening quite as closely as I should have, either. :shifty