PDA

View Full Version : Lightbulb Moments For Parents

RealLifeMama
09-21-2005, 02:59 PM
If this is the wrong forum, please move. I always have a hard time placing my posts esp with all the "child" forums I don't even know exist usually!

What are some things that you do now that occurred to you suddenly (or that you saw someone else do, or asked about ) that you were like :doh "Why didn't I think of that!!??

Mine is all stuff that is probably so normal for most people, but for me, they were real lightbulb moments.

I thought of a couple recently.
When DD was two, we had a hard time with her finishing eating and then running immediately to the couch with messy hands and face and doing whatever. I was :scratch over this. It never occurred to me to teach her to ask to be excused from the table!

Another, and this goes with my messy-mentality- have the children pick up the bath toys before we drain the tub. :doh

And last but not least, have the kids....get ready, this is a good one..... sit down at the table before I serve them a snack! This is my most recent one, like, um, a couple days ago. :blush

Rbonmom
09-22-2005, 11:01 PM
when ds first learned to pull up in his crib, I was having a hard time because he didn't know how to get back down. It didn't occur to me that I could teach him. After my mom suggested I show him, I tired, and in 2 minutes he learned how to do it :rolleyes.