PDA

View Full Version : we're out of room!

abbiroads
09-05-2005, 08:49 AM
Our ds sleeps with us but the last two nights dh has slept in the recliner in the living room b/c we are taking up to much space. I'm fine cosleeping but I want dh to be comfertable too. We have a queen size bed. Ds is a very active sleeper, moves and kicks a lot, and I have been using more space b/c I'm pregnant. We have a mattress on the floor for ds, but it's hard to move him without waking him up and he always joins us again during the night.

Any suggestions on how to make everyone more comfertable?

DogwoodMama
09-05-2005, 11:14 AM
The most common suggestion I hear for this situation is to make a "mega bed" where you join the queen with an additional mattress... we have a crib side-carred to our queen, and that definitely helps. Is this a possibility at all?

abbiroads
09-05-2005, 01:56 PM
the only other mattress we have is the crib mattress thats on the floor. Maybe if we took our bed off the frame that would help?

Katydid
09-06-2005, 05:16 AM
We have a twin mattress on the floor next to our queen sized bed which is off it's frame and just on the boxspring.... that way there is only a short drop to the twin mattress. The twin is great because we can lay down with ds on it with him to help him go to sleep and then dh and I get our bed to ourselves ( :tu ) for a little while. Then, when ds wakes up and wants in bed with us, if there is not enough room, one of us can move to the twin bed, instead of to another room. that is how we plan on handling things with the new baby, too.... probably me and baby on the twin and ds and dh on the queen and rotate however we see fit! It's been a great solution for us and I know we will use the twin mattress for years to come (probably in our room for future babies ;) but, thoretically it will eventually become the mattress for a bunkbed in our second bedroom.) I hope that helps you.... :hug I know how hard it is when everyone is not sleeping well!

abbiroads
09-06-2005, 06:10 AM
a twin matress is a good idea. Any ideas where to get one cheap?

Katydid
09-07-2005, 04:42 AM
a twin matress is a good idea. Any ideas where to get one cheap?

If you don't mind used, ask around your church to see if anyone is getting rid of one, or try your local newspaper. for a new one, try Sam's Club or check your sales flyers. We got ours at Original Mattress Factory and paid about $80, I think. I thought that was pretty cheap. Good luck and I hope it works out for you! :)