PDA

View Full Version : Front Wrap Cross coincidence?

bliss
08-29-2005, 10:40 AM
I wore Turkey (18mos - about 28 lbs) in my wrap in the front wrap cross position for about an hour on Saturday, and then woke up Sunday morning with blocked ducts in both breasts! Is this a coincidence, or has anyone else had this happen? This position is really nice for us, do I have to forgo it or is there another way to avoid the problem?

arwen_tiw
09-05-2005, 03:57 AM
Never had this and front-cross-carry is my favorite. I don't know. Hoping that someone else sees this and has more ideas!

jammomy
09-19-2005, 09:54 PM
Never had that problem from the front wrap cross carry; I wore my ds that way all the time until he got too big and heavy. Have you tried it again just to see if that really is the problem. Hope it works out for you!

bliss
09-22-2005, 04:13 PM
I haven't tried it again - been scared! I just wish I was more comfortable with the back carries - I bought my wrap envisioning myself cruising about with this kid on my back, and every time I try it I'm terrified he's going to fall out! So I end up either slinging him on the hip (not terribly comfortable or liberating) or just carrying/using a stroller. :td

arwen_tiw
09-27-2005, 05:08 AM
Aww :hugheart

I know what you mean about having a tot on your back, I always feel a bit unsure - Jenna tries to get out sometimes... If someone else is around I'm fine, cause I can get them to check on her. Maybe I'm just using the wrong wrap.

Someone, dig in here, what wrap should I use to secure a toddler on my back without me fretting she'll pull herself out or slip down?

And seriously, try the front cross again, it will be so worth it if you can master it without any more pain. I have never heard of anyone getting bocked ducts from it before you so I really hope you can do it! That would be such a nuisance, not being able to do my favorite carry - it's so comfy. Maybe check that the frontmost X bits aren't cutting in to your shoulders (uneven tension) as that might make the sling press on your breasts more.

Edited for my bad spelling...

jammomy
09-27-2005, 11:18 PM
Another way to carry your babe is to use a hip carry with the wrap. Find the middle of your wrap and place it on the shoulder opposite the hip you want to use - one half of the wrap will be draped in front and the other half in back. Hold your baby on your hip and pull the back half across your back diagonally to your hip and wrap it over your baby's bottom and under his left leg and around to your front. Pull the front piece of the wrap that is still hanging from your shoulder across your chest diagonally to your hip and wrap it over your baby's bottom and under his right leg, then around your back to the front to meet the other loose end of the wrap. Tie the loose ends together in a knot. The wrap should form an X at the crotch of your baby. Spread the fabric across your baby's back and adjust the fit of the wrap so you are comfortable and baby is secure. If there is enough of the wrap left hanging, I wrap the ends around my baby and tie another knot. This hip carry is comfortable, secure, and almost leaves you with both hands free (use your good judgment :-)).

Arwen_tiw, you can use a back cross carry for your toddler; it's just like the front cross carry, only it's on your back. :tu

HTH. There is also a website you can check out called mamatoto that shows how to tie many different types of carries.

arwen_tiw
09-28-2005, 03:09 AM
That's what I tried today, but she gets out of it too easy. :/ She lifts her arms up above her head wriggles a bit, and slips down to the side! I tried something else I saw online too, can't remember what it was called - where you get them on your back with the middle of the wrap over their bum, and end up with two "shoulder" bits and tie at the front, with the fabric going up over her bum and under her legs twice again.

We found it was hard to spread the fabric that way, as I can't reach all the way round her. So so far FCC is the only one I can get her in on my back and she can escape that. :(

jammomy
09-28-2005, 08:56 AM
Sarah,

Sounds like you have a little Houdini on your hands!

ArmsOfLove
09-28-2005, 09:07 AM
I can imagine that might be it *if* he was squishing your breasts against you :shrug