PDA

View Full Version : My first sling!!

Mama4ever
07-01-2005, 08:31 AM
Okay I'm new to slinging...wish I would have known about this sooner. I have never seen anyone with a sling IRL. I did have a backpack type carrier, but it was uncomfortable so it wasn't used much.

My mom made a ring sling for me so I could take it on vacation. My dd is 2 and hates her stroller...I hope she likes the sling!

edited to ask: Should I just carry her on my hip or is there other ways to carry her?

Heather

arwen
07-01-2005, 12:17 PM
if you are new to slinging the hip is easy....
you can carry her on your back and chest to chest too. :mrgreen

congrats!

MarynMunchkins
07-01-2005, 06:20 PM
:congrats

Slings rock! :tu

Radosny Matka
07-05-2005, 06:35 PM
Awesome. :tu Here's a site that shows different ways to wear baby

www.mamatoo.org

Mama4ever
07-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Were back from vacation and my dd didn't like her sling. :sad2 Guess I learned about them too late?? I'm going to try again when we go shopping next time. I'm hoping in a place she's used to she might be more comfortable.

I'm glad I have one and if I'm blessed with another little one I will start using the sling right away. My sis just had a baby in April and her dd loves it!!! I'm glad I came to GCM!

Heather

MarynMunchkins
07-11-2005, 01:12 PM
How old is she? Sometimes you have to try different holds and positions before they decide it's comfortable. :)

Mama4ever
07-11-2005, 07:33 PM
My dd turned 2 in April, she is very independent yet still likes to be carried. Maybe she was a little old to try and start using the sling. I just tried to carry her on my hip.

Thanks,
Heather

MarynMunchkins
07-11-2005, 07:40 PM
A wrap might be more comfortable for the both of you. :) And they're cheap and easy to make - I made mine for $6 - no sewing involved. :tu

www.mamatoto.org (http://www.mamatoto.org)