PDA

View Full Version : Healthy cookie recipes?

Julia R
06-26-2005, 03:58 PM
I need to find a recipe for some healthy animal type cookies. I mean like the ones you find at Trader Joes or in bulk at the healthfoods stores. I am looking for some with ww flour, honey or molasses, and non- hydrogenated oils. I love the taste of the ones I usually get, but they cost a lot and our family could really go through a lot of them.

Our whole foods store has carob peppermint cookies with sunflour seeds. I just improvised and came up with a good recipe for them. They're kind of rich like brownies.

Other healthy cookie recipes? I need to keep these on hand for our family to cut down on grocery costs. DH likes processed, expensive convenience and fast food. If I don't keep healthy, cheaper alternatives available, I loose.

ShangriLewis
06-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Our whole foods store has carob peppermint cookies with sunflour seeds. I just improvised and came up with a good recipe for them. They're kind of rich like brownies.

You share first! :yum

lovelymama
06-29-2005, 01:43 AM
Julia,
Often times we are too broke to shop at Oasis, but do you know what the next best thing is? WINCO!!

Winco is the bargain super grocery store and everything there is really cheap. Especially thier own brands. While not organic, most of the generic stuff is at the very least preservative free. My guess is that it's just too cheap to put extra junk into. Taco seasoning for example, compare the store brand at with all of the other brands they carry and its the only all natural one.

Anyway, they have a brand of cookie there called cascade something... I picked up some oatmeal apple filled cookies for $1.25 I think? The first ingredient on the package was whole wheat flour and everything else was a plain english ingredient. Delicious too! So, if you need a quick cookie fix, that is an affordable reasonably healthy way to go.

Sorry I don't have any good recipes to share.

Julia R
06-29-2005, 03:25 AM
We shop at Winco too. I am too cheap to spend much. How much were the cookies you are talking about? I can usually make 4-5 times the amount of cookies that come in a package for the amount they cost. And Emilie and Lauren love to get in on rolling out the dough and cutting it out. They love those ones that come from TraderJoes in those plastic tubs. But, they cost a lot. I can make a TON for that much.