PDA

View Full Version : rice paper liners

bostonsmama
06-22-2005, 10:17 AM
ok, so i :heart these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they make changing poo sooo easy! i wish i would have ordered them the first time i got discouraged and stopped using cloth. why are they so darn big though? i have to fold them! and, one accidently went into the washing machine, and came out just like new! so, i think im done throwing away the non-poo ones! anyone else use these and love them??

Lady TS
06-22-2005, 10:35 AM
I use them from about 6 mos or so until they stop nursing(when the poo gets pretty much solid and not mush---ya know :O)

Love them! If it weren't for them I don't think I would cloth diaper like I have been! And yes, I do wash the pee-only ones and reuse them. ;)

poleidopy
06-22-2005, 10:39 AM
I am so glad you posted about this...I am getting SO sick of the gross poo diapers and was considering getting rice-paper liners. I definitely will now! So...where do you get yours?

Lady TS
06-22-2005, 11:16 AM
earthbaby is the first place I got them from. Then I think from Diaperaps. Then I stocked up when I ordered from a mama here: http://www.onenaturalfamily.com/.

hth,
T :nak

eta: they do come in two different sizes. If you have a newborn and are frugally minded, you *could* get the toddler size (what I think the OP has) and cut them in half and have double the liners. ;)

Gentle Journey
06-23-2005, 09:07 PM
Are they soft? I like that DS has something soft on his bum. I usually use a fleece liner and do a swish and flush in the toilet. But we are about to go CD full time and DH is yet to change a cloth poop.

bostonsmama
06-23-2005, 09:12 PM
i cant remember where i ordered mine from, lots of places sell them, i looked in my email and cant find it. we got free shipping on ours, so that was nice! i know they have them on ebay often, but i didnt want to buy a lot since i didnt know if i liked them!!

sara, yes! theyre very soft! not as soft as fleece, but not as hot either! and, you dont have to dunk!! thats why i wanted them! and, now that i found out you can wash them in the machine, oh my! i dont know why no one told me about these a long time ago! i dont know why i keep using exclamation points!!! i guess im just excited!! lol, funny how having a babe makes the lamest things exciting!! like rice paper!! hahahaha!!!!! :lol

Gentle Journey
06-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Very cool, I'll be sure to get some.

GodChick
06-24-2005, 09:11 AM
a related question: are all disposable liners rice paper? i've seen gerber dispos. liners at the store, but wasn't sure what they were made of. :shrug

Lady TS
06-24-2005, 09:50 AM
a related question: are all disposable liners rice paper? i've seen gerber dispos. liners at the store, but wasn't sure what they were made of. :shrug

From what I remember, the gerber ones are polyester and NOT flushable.