PDA

View Full Version : I've decided to do it!!

Beyond Blessed
06-07-2005, 12:52 PM
I am going to CD Audrey by the end of the month!!! I have TONS of gerber prefolds so I am going to get some snappi's and diaper covers and buy some hemp so I can make liners (is that the right "term"?) I don't really want to make AIO's - yet. That's alot of work - I know I can probably do it but I want to start easier. I am going to buy some AIO's - just a few for convenience purposes. I might want to get some streamlined prefolds sometime (kissaluv's????) but will try the bulkier Gerbers first. Am I missing something? I also need to get a bag for the diaper pail. I am going to dry store them for washing - is that not a bright idea? I am selling a bunch of stuff on ebay so I can do this. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Close2MyHeart
06-07-2005, 12:59 PM
Good luck!! You'll have to let me know how it goes. I'm very seriously thinking about CDing our next child (if there is one.) DH thinks I'm a bit nuts, but because he only changes 2-3 diapers/month I'm not too conerned :giggle (I do ALL the laundry too)

BTW, what is dry storing? And I'm curious about the hemp? I've seen some other people mention it too? I always think of it as kind of scratchy, but maybe I'm thinking of something else? And what do you use the hemp for?

Beyond Blessed
06-07-2005, 01:25 PM
http://diapershop.com/hemp.htm Here's a link about hemp - from what I understand I am going to buy the "brushed hemp" for a softer feel. I'm going to use the hemp for a soaker insert in the diaper (kinds like a pad) like 10 inches long and 4 inches wide (from what I've read). Although some AIO's have hemp as one of the layers (or a few of the layers???). Um, I may be using a wrong term, but by dry storage I meant that I am going to put the diapers directly into a dry pail, not a solution to soak in.

Close2MyHeart
06-07-2005, 01:32 PM
oh ok :) thanks. I've been thinking about cding... but haven't looked too deeply into it yet.

BeckaBlue
06-07-2005, 02:12 PM
:woohoo

dry storage is fine, that's what i do (except ones that have been big-time pooped on, but i jsut rinse them and throw em in the laundry till wash time

sounds like you'll have a good stash. you can forgo the preofold though when you have the hemp (atleast i do occasionally)

Radosny Matka
06-07-2005, 07:09 PM
:tu Have fun. :D

Beyond Blessed
06-07-2005, 07:47 PM
you can forgo the preofold though when you have the hemp (atleast i do occasionally)

You mean, I could possibly just put a hemp pad into a cover? :eek That would be too cool!