PDA

View Full Version : where do you store dirty diapers?

malakoa
06-05-2005, 09:00 PM
i've been looking for a trash can with a tight lid, but can't find one

Soliloquy
06-05-2005, 09:18 PM
we have a diaper pail by Safety First. It was the cheapest diaper pail at Toys R Us ($15 or $20) when I was pregnant. Now, I wish I'd gotten a cloth, hanging diaper bag. You hang the bag on a door knob or the changing table and wash it along with your diapers. Diaper pails get gross and cleaning them is a pain, but as far as diaper pails go, I like ours.

milkmommy
06-05-2005, 09:24 PM
I just use a regular kitchen garbage with a flip top lid I keep it on the service porch where our washer and dryer is.

Deanna

ChristineG
06-06-2005, 04:31 AM
The best diaper pail I have ever owned is a Rubbermaid container! I have one that is called 'roughneck'. It is tall and skinny, like a diaper pail. The best thing about it is that the handles are comfy. When I was first cding, over 11 years ago, I used to soak diapers (use a dry pail, now) and our real diaper pail had handles that cut into my hands whenever I carried it down to the laundry. I got the rubbermaid container about 10 years ago and it is in the same shape as it was then...and it has been used basically consistently. The other great thing is that it cost about $6. :)

Larissa
06-06-2005, 06:53 AM
I have 2 diaper champs. I line the diaper champ with a wet bag, and throw the entire bag in the wash with the diapers. Since the diapers never touch the pail....I only have to wipe out the pail and disinfect it. It's a very easy system.

zak
06-06-2005, 08:43 AM
The best diaper pail I have ever owned is a Rubbermaid container!

I'll second that. I have one that was $3 from Target. I keep it on top of my dryer. It works great!