PDA

View Full Version : If you only had $50.00 to buy diapers with , what would you buy?

Lantern Light Mama
06-04-2005, 08:17 PM
excluding prefolds.

Are there certain ones you can't live without? :peace

Meredith
06-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Excluding prefolds... I would say fitted dipes, doublers, and Prowraps covers. I've seen some good deals on lots on Ebay.

AmyDoll
06-04-2005, 08:26 PM
A couple of Kissaluvs for overnights :tu

XOXO Amy

ChloesMommy
06-04-2005, 08:26 PM
www.orangestarfish.com :nak

milkmommy
06-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Are we talking not having any and needing some just to be able to CD or we got what we need and are just having fun?? ;) ;)
For the first I'd buy a dozen bleached snuggle ups and a few dappi covers
for the second a few nighttime fitted diapers and cute fleece covers for nighttime.

Deanna

Lantern Light Mama
06-04-2005, 08:53 PM
I can't buy any right now anyways. lol. :P~ But I just wanted to get ideas of what everyone does when they are on a budget...like...which ones they like the most, ect. :tu

I think these would have to be functional but also for fun, just to have some new:) :grin
It's hypothetical anyway. lol.

ChloesMommy
06-04-2005, 09:54 PM
also, if you can sew, $50 goes much farther! :tu

malakoa
06-04-2005, 10:09 PM
that orange starfish site is so good! i just spent $$ on some diapers. wish i'd known. still, i got a good deal anyway - ebay and the montana company :-)

RosieTook
06-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Something hyena...that is if I had $50 to just blow... :lol II would probably try to score some pretty wool. I actually just scored an RB FLAG at the latest stocking, so I guess it's a moot point.

I have some cash to spend right now (:PTL for dh's bonus) so I am buying inserts, a wetbag, some sm covers for the next babe, more fitteds and pockets for Paisley, etc...I love it!!

Okay, I read wrong...sheesh..if I ONLY had $50 and I couldn't buy pf's I'd probably buy some pockets and inserts to get me through.... :D

Moon
06-05-2005, 08:16 AM
If I had $50 to just blow on fun stuff, I'd go for Valor-Kids fitteds or AIOs, or Muttiqin OS AIOs, maybe some embellished wool shorts. :tu

BeckaBlue
06-05-2005, 10:50 AM
just for fun i'd go for some decorative aio's!

for need, I'd go w/ some fuzzibunz or wonderoos
it wouldn't be able to make my whole stash, but in my need, i don't need to make a whole stash! lol!

If it was to make a whole stash, I'd find some cheap fitteds and dappi wrap covers

MySeoulChild
06-06-2005, 11:59 AM
To buy a "complete" system?

You probably can't for $50.

For fun?

An old school Fuzbaby wool cover from a Garden series - maybe ice star?

Practically-speaking to switch to cloth?

Prefolds, folded in thirds the wrong way, in a wrap. Call Proservices and get their "Seconds" wraps which are really first quality, from what we've found, but overstocked. These were our best, most reliable, leak-proof diapers, period. Some microfleece cut into hourglass shapes for liners.

Fuzzi bunz for nighttime.

Soliloquy
06-06-2005, 12:00 PM
I'd definitely buy them used on e-bay. Diapers last such a long time. Used ones are a great deal.

Treenahurricane
06-07-2005, 08:59 PM
We got Grace's first 10 months of diapering on ebay used-- Kushies Ultras. 2-3 days worth between washings. They were very used, though, and bit the dust after 10 months of use... but a good use of the $50!

Now, I don't have a huge need in most sizes, so if I just had $50 to spend on diapers, I'd try and score some Nessa's Nappies somewhere, or get some Fuzzi Bunz at someplace like cotton babies to get the free inserts. :lol:

Moon
06-08-2005, 04:28 PM
I actually just scored an RB FLAG at the latest stocking, so I guess it's a moot point.

Mmmmm, I love Righteous Baby's stuff! Can't wait til the size 3 comes out!