PDA

View Full Version : ewwww diaharrea (tmi w/ questions)

BornFreeBaby
06-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Okay, got the Fuzzibunz and was using 1 hemp insert for daytime, when I started to smell something bad bad bad :sick
Dd had a big diaharrea in her new fb's! Her 1st poop in cd's ! NO LEAKS! :eek I was half excited and half grossed out (how sad am I ?)

this is what i did and tell me if you have any other tips for me:

I dunked (ewww) the fb's in the toilet (holding very edge of dipe while holding nose) then put them in a plastic bag and transferred them to the washing machine.(No sink in washing machine area) Did the Cold rinse, then hot wash w/ some All Free detergent, then a whole nother hot wash w/ tiny bit of All Free (added some of dd's other pee pee fb's from the day to that wash). so, dunk, cold rinse, hot wash, hot wash.
Is this right?

Also, should I not use detergent on the last wash? and the pee pee dipes only had 1 hot wash that last time- is this okay??

:hissyfit Sorry for my newbie-ness on all of this!

BeckaBlue
06-02-2005, 11:16 PM
I dunk, then rinse in the bathroom sink. I also bought some cheapy pastic bag type gloves for dunking

I'd go without the soap on the last wash, but since you put in some more dipes it was best you did add detergent

is what i do overall for typical wash is...
dunk, rinse, diaper bucket, wash in washer, rewash w/ no soap (just because when i dont they don't get the detergent out enough), and dry. that's all i do w/ any of mine (and i've got a diaper shower thing now so i don't dunk anymore :tu)

mamatia
06-03-2005, 12:33 PM
okay, but does dunking seriously get the poo off?? i imagine dunking (holding the end of the dipe with one rubber gloved hand while holding my nose with the other hand) and then pulling it out and there still be poo all over the diaper. does it just dissolve and float away??? (sorry, tmi, i know!!) lol

BornFreeBaby
06-03-2005, 01:44 PM
:laughtears No, the dunking doesn't get off all the poo, just the big stuff. I took some toilet paper and scraped the bigger poo off today, then dunked, but ofcourse its still brown. Then I threw it in the wash to cold rinse it (which always gets off most of the brown- then hot wash.
here's what the directions say:
"When your baby has a bm, you will need to shake or scrape off any solids into the toilet before storing the diapers until wash day (right, like I'm going to leave them in the diaper pail for days..)..Run a cold soak or pre-wash cycle to get the initial mess rinsed and spun out of the washer. Then wash on HOT w/ 1/2 the nromal amount of detergent w/ a double rinse. Dry on low heat or hang to dry.

So I guess that it doesn't have to be completely rinsed off before you put it in the washer... :shifty ewww..

mamatia
06-03-2005, 01:49 PM
did you throw it in the wash with a cold rinse by itself??

BornFreeBaby
06-03-2005, 01:58 PM
did you throw it in the wash with a cold rinse by itself??

Ya- just the fb and the insert- i hope that's right.. :shrug Its hard being a cd newbie- everyone else is probably thinking- come on! common sense people! :hug

IslandMama
06-04-2005, 12:24 AM
I couldn't stand any poop stuck on the diaper, :doh so after dunking, I rinse in the tub to get anything else off, then I soak in cold water if I can't get to the washer to rinse right away. I can't stand stains either, so if I still have one after my final rinse I will soak in hot water and Oxyclean, then combine with other dipes or rinse again (careful not to soak longer than a couple hours)... This is my usual wash cycle...pre-rinse, wash with warm and detergent (I will do a hot cycle once a wk only, to help dipes last longer), and extra rinse. I add vinegar to my last rinse, but you have to experiment to see if this will irritate baby's skin. Vinegar helps to neutralize odors and rinse out any leftover detergent. This works well for me. Again, everyone has their own preference and system that works...HTH!