PDA

View Full Version : 1-size ME don't wick moisture?

GodChick
06-01-2005, 12:14 PM
ok, newbie to cd has yet another question. :O i've ordered a sample of the 1-size ME with air-flow cover--just the regular one not the dry-daiper one--(that's the only one they offered a dsample of.) if the whole thing, including the insert is just plain terry, doesn't that mean it will just absorb urine and stay wet, instead of wicking it away from baby's skin? i don't get it--why would i want it to do THAT? :shrug

wuzzie
06-01-2005, 12:18 PM
Yes it does just what you say. BUT it shouldn't be a problem as you should be changing as soon as you notice any wetness anyways. If you need to use it longer than that just lay a small paice of microfleece in the diaper and it will wick the wetness away. Or I could trade you my wicking one for your nonwicking one. :D

milkmommy
06-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Your baby will be able to feel wetness. Many CD users prefer this because it keeps baby more aware of how their body functions,other babies are sensitive to synthetics and do better with cotton against their skin. If you decide you do like thes you can add a fleece liner to wick away wettness and is much cheeper than buying their stay dry version.

Deanna

GodChick
06-01-2005, 12:39 PM
ooooooh! :doh now i get it. :cool i do change when wet now, even though using sposies--i'm not in the "get full use of the sposie" camp! :rolleyes but i guess i need to try it to see how it works--i'm wndering about nightime, or if i get distracted and don't notice she's wet . . . or while in the car . . . :think it just seems like even though i do believe in change-when-wet, there are too many chances for her to sit in a wet diaper if i don't get it changed instantaneously. i mean, if i change the diaper 5 minutes after she pees, i'm thinking i'd rather that be 5 minutes not in a urine-soaked dipe. :/ i dunno. maybe it will make more sense when i see for myself. :mrgreen