PDA

View Full Version : Am I cutting off his circulation?

Kingskid
05-28-2005, 11:39 AM
DS is seven weeks old and hasn't been too fond of the sling thus far (I have a maya ring sling). Well - I got it back out today and have been carrying him around most of the day. I'm trying to front carry (most comfy for him and me) and cradle carry, but the front carry seems like it's cutting on his one leg (the one on the outside of my body). Am I suppose have his legs hanging out at this point? Am I doing it wrong? I guess pictures would help, but DH's not home to make a link for me.

Also - the sling is hurting my shoulder muscle on top. Is that normal? I tried spreading out the material, but it still seems to ache.

Ugh - I wish there was someone near me who wore their babies to help!

Soliloquy
05-28-2005, 11:46 AM
Did your Maya wrap come with a VHS or DVD?

:nak

if you bought it new, it should have. Call whoever sold it to you and ask for one.

If you got it used, I'd be happy to loan you my DVD if it is returned. Media Mail postage is only $1.42.

lovelymama
05-31-2005, 12:31 AM
http://www.mayawrap.com/video/video.html
You can download the maywrap videos from this link.

Kingskid
06-02-2005, 02:10 PM
ooops! :O I should have said it's a Maya-type sling, not a real Maya. I bought it online from a WAHM, not GCM WAHM. I tried downloading the streaming video, but I couldn't. I'll ask DH if I'm doing something wrong. Otherwise, I may take you up on your mailing offer, Lisa.

Lady TS
06-02-2005, 02:19 PM
Is the front carry where baby is facing you, snuggled up on your chest? If so, I wore ds like that with his legs inside the sling. He would be all scrunched up with his legs bunched up under him but it didn't seem to bother him. :shrug

I waited awhile(don't remember how long though-maybe until he could 'sit' and have better head control?) before I had his legs sticking out of the sling---at which point the teenage check-out girl at the grocery store told me my baby was falling out :rolleyes. (But he wasn't really, she'd just never seen a baby in a sling I guess!).