PDA

View Full Version : microfiber towels

BeckaBlue
05-24-2005, 01:47 PM
ok, so i get them at walmart, what do they look like? what color? those red things?

kris10s
05-24-2005, 01:50 PM
There are packs of five for about $4 with three blue and two white square cloths that I use and recommend.

milkmommy
05-24-2005, 01:52 PM
The ones at least at my walmart are :td I have the blue ones from SAMS club. $18 inserts for around $10.00 LOVE them!

Deanna

BeckaBlue
05-24-2005, 01:56 PM
does the package say 'microfiber'?
my dd2 holds it and pees a lot quickly, prefolds gather it up quickly (and hemp to soak it up) but they make is even more bulky. are the towels just as bulky?

milkmommy
05-24-2005, 02:21 PM
does the package say 'microfiber'?
my dd2 holds it and pees a lot quickly, prefolds gather it up quickly (and hemp to soak it up) but they make is even more bulky. are the towels just as bulky?

These towels are quite trim, heres a picture of mine on one you can see. These are sctually with SAMS club Yellow microfiber towels with come 16 to a package but I like the blue better they are a bit trimmer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Ceciliasmom/share/th_bdfe8f4a.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Ceciliasmom/share/bdfe8f4a.jpg)

Deanna

Moon
05-24-2005, 05:55 PM
it should say microfiber on the packaging

kris10s
05-24-2005, 05:57 PM
They are in the automotive department.

bluedotsmom
05-24-2005, 07:13 PM
I got the ones at walmart (8 blue ones for about $5) (btw these are also fabulous for dusting and cleaning around the house!!!)

They really worked overnight without huge bulk (2 towels w/ prefold and bummis sww)...

but...

I have finally figured out that they are the reason my son's diaper area turns bright red. (doesn't do this with just prefolds or disposables.)

Any ideas? I'm afraid it's the blue coloring.

kris10s
05-24-2005, 07:17 PM
Is the microfiber towel touching his skin? Microfiber should never touch the skin in a diaper because it sucks away ALL the moisture from the skin. They are fine in pockets or folded well between a prefold and a cover.

Moon
05-24-2005, 07:33 PM
I'd drop a fleece liner in there if you hafta have it against his skin. :-)

Saphirah
05-24-2005, 08:07 PM
I did NOT know that about microfiber! Sounds as bad as disposables. They make great burp cloths though.

bluedotsmom
05-25-2005, 12:10 PM
eeek! I have been putting them against his skin. his poor bottom would get bright red & then peel a little a couple of days later.

I'll try again with them INSIDE the prefold.

Thanks for the info!

Saphirah
05-25-2005, 12:13 PM
Kristen where did you learn about this? Is there a site or something we could look at?

kris10s
05-25-2005, 01:53 PM
I can't find any web warnings about them because everyone only markets them as pocket inserts. You know, I think I learned about it here. Even hearing warnings about it, I did try it once with a fleece liner just because I needed something trim for a silly outfit SMIL bought for dd, but it still irritated her with the fleece liner.

The function of microfiber is to suck up moisture, and they work great at it, way better than regular towels. But our skins need a little moisture, and they just don't permit it.

MamaJamie
05-25-2005, 06:40 PM
I have also heard that about microfiber.

I didn't realize Walmart had them. I'll have to get some next time I'm there.

j

anniegirl
05-26-2005, 09:36 AM
Yeah, definitely don't use microfiber directly against the skin. I love them in pocket dipes and they're the best for overnight. My only complaint is it seems like they hold on to stink more than other fabrics. I use a little bleach on mine occasionally. Part of it is our washer is not very good and the water is not always hot enough.

wuzzie
05-26-2005, 12:28 PM
They are also a man made material. NOT hugely breathable. That could also be the problem. It was ours. I used one inside a cotton pocket diaper with a wool cover and Luke still got an irritation.