PDA

View Full Version : I (didn't have to pay) $100 for a dog that...

This Busy Mom
05-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Apparently pees in her sleep. :sad2 I'm not getting rid of her. Last time I took back a critter that my dh didn't like (she licked our heads in the middle of the night... it drove him crazy), it got run over :( . I rescued it from my mom who thinks dogs and cats (esp. cats) shouldn't be altered. .. or should I say she won't pay to have them altered. My son brought it up today that he is really upset still about that. He really liked the cat. I did too.

So... how are we tackling the peeing-in-her-sleep dog? Cloth diapers :laughtears . I just put one on her. I cut a hole in it for the tail and my ds is going to zig zag around the holes in the rest of them for me. I haven't dared alter one of the bummi covers. I'm hoping a small will fit because we are still using the mediums.

:grin

inesperada
05-21-2005, 12:50 AM
:sad2 but :laughtears at the diapered dog!

kiloyd
05-21-2005, 07:48 PM
Well, that's one use for cloth diapers! :) Good thinking!

This Busy Mom
05-21-2005, 08:00 PM
Well, I don't really think she's doing it in her sleep... just very good at hiding it.

It's what happens when a dog is punished for peeing in the house... they just get very good at hiding it from people. I crate train and I think the diaper is acting as a mobile crate :giggle . she won't pee in it... so it's stopping her.

We took everything out of my son's bedroom and cleaned the carpets in there. Next will be the kitchen then the other rooms.

The whole house is upset (pet wise) . My dh's cat ran away. We haven't seen him in several days and have no idea about how he got out. I think he was upset because I turned the kitty litter boxes around and moved the cat food up on the bathroom counter so the dog couldn't eat out of either of them. New pets are almost as hard as introducing new family members.

This Busy Mom
05-25-2005, 06:01 AM
:banghead She is doing it in her sleep, and the woman from the rescue place knew it and didn't tell me :sa . She's going to have to go back. My kids aren't very happy.

ranade3
05-25-2005, 08:29 AM
Oh, how sad :(

Sanveann
05-25-2005, 04:34 PM
Ooooh, there is NOTHING I hate more than rescue groups who aren't 100 percent honest! In our group, we make sure we tell everyone EVERYTHING that a pet does, good and bad, so that they know exactly what they are getting into! :hug I'm so sorry ... this must be a very tough decision for you. I would definitely make sure they refund your money, especially as they were'nt honest with you.

This Busy Mom
05-25-2005, 05:00 PM
Well... once I figured out there was a problem... I didn't send off the check. I've been waiting all week to figure out what's going on.. it it had been a discipline issue, then I could handle it. It's not :( . Grrrr.... she had in the ad that the dog was housebroken :sa

BlessingsX4
05-27-2005, 06:58 AM
I'm so sorry! Did they take her to a vet to rule out other problems?

Cheaper solution for a dog that has accidents in the house. We use this in the beagle rescue and it helps. Take a pair of boys or small mens underwear. Put it on with the front hole being used for doggie's tale. It doesn't completely stop but most dogs, like children do not like to be wet,lol.

This Busy Mom
05-27-2005, 07:03 AM
I'm so sorry! Did they take her to a vet to rule out other problems?

Yes, I'm really irked that the lady didn't disclose this when she gave her to us.

BlessingsX4
05-27-2005, 03:23 PM
That is wrong in so many ways.

People like that give animal rescues a bad name.

This Busy Mom
06-12-2005, 08:42 AM
I changed the subject from I "just paid" to I "didn't have to pay" :clap :clap

Well, I just emailed her again. We're going to keep the dog long term to see how she does. If she has serious problems, she goes back to the animal rescue lady. I'm happy with this solution, as she isn't going to charge us for keeping her. She's also going to board her for me next weekend so I don't have to upset the dog again by boarding her somewhere else. She doesn't car ride well, and we are driving to FL. Our other dog is riding with us.

I'm happy with the outcome :mrgreen . Zoe loves her new doggie and her doggie loves her.