PDA

View Full Version : Cloth Diapering with no Washer/Dryer

Benjaminswife
05-12-2005, 04:20 AM
Anyone cloth diaper with no washer/dryer in their apartment or house?

BeckaBlue
05-12-2005, 07:07 AM
I did!

I got a w/d a couple mts ago thoguh, finally!

are you handwashing or using a laundromat? i did a mix, mostly hw though

Benjaminswife
05-12-2005, 07:49 AM
Well we have a little laundromat here at our complex that I use. I haven't started CD yet though.

KoalaMommy
05-12-2005, 09:31 AM
I have a washer and dryer, but I have some thoughts for you. 1) if you have enough diapers on hand you only have to do 2 or 3 extra loads a week. 2) if you get a pail liner (think cloth bag) for your diaper pail, that will make it easier for you to collect and transport those dipes. 3) put a couple of drops of tea trea oil or lavendar oil in your pail liner and you won't have stink issues. 4) you could do a pre-rinse at home before you launder if you don't want to spend the extra change on the machines.

I totally get away with 1 pre-rinse and a regular wash most of the time. Ocassionally I do an extra rinse or I add a few drops of tto to the final rinse cycle if the dipes come out of the wash smelling funky.

wuzzie
05-12-2005, 11:41 AM
You NEED to purchase one of these. http://www.laundry-alternative.com/washing.html I have one and it freaking saved my sanity. Just remember to use like a tiny drop of detergent otherwise it will take you forever to rinse them out.

BeckaBlue
05-12-2005, 03:09 PM
You NEED to purchase one of these. http://www.laundry-alternative.com/washing.html I have one and it freaking saved my sanity. Just remember to use like a tiny drop of detergent otherwise it will take you forever to rinse them out.

now where was that when i was hw'ing? lol! right there, of course, but i'd never heard of it!

ArmsOfLove
05-12-2005, 03:43 PM
I did for almost two years :)

Benjaminswife
05-12-2005, 03:52 PM
That thing is really cool!

wuzzie
05-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Yeah it is. I use it for my wool covers, bras, underwear, the kids underwear, socks, tshirts, dryclean only stuff, hand wash only stuff. Kitchen towels, washclothes, just about everything small. jeans and blankets and stuff I still bring to the laundromat, but this thing has saved me TONS of money.

Benjaminswife
05-14-2005, 09:47 AM
Ok I made the decision. I bought some FB and that machine...thanks for the help ladies :)

BeckaBlue
05-14-2005, 10:33 AM
:woohoo

I'm tempted to get that machine anyways right now! lol! if we could hook it up inside then i could do the daipers a lot easier and use hot water (we use well water on our washer so no hot water, i hafta prerinse/soak in the bathtub or sink)

Benjaminswife
05-15-2005, 05:31 AM
I totally believe you guys about the small machine but someone else on another board has one and hates it. She says it doesn't work at all?????? And that the water gets really dirty????? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Lantern Light Mama
05-15-2005, 07:39 AM
Maybe she hasn't had to handwash many cloth diapers. :shrug