PDA

View Full Version : one of the saddest Ezzo stories i know of...

ChristmasGirl
05-08-2005, 10:58 PM
(besides my own devestating experience, kwim?!)...was a young mother who went to my church for a season. Once I asked her off-handedly in an after church luncheon when her dd had started sleeping thru the night. (my ds was 8mo at the time and still not STtheN, and didn't until he was 2). Anyhow, she responded that dd had been STtheN since she was 5weeks old...this is when i learned they followed Ezzo like we had with our first. She said that listening to her cry at night was so upsetting, that she had to go away for several days and when she came back dd was sleeping thru the nite. :wow :bheart :banghead :mad :sick

Ladies, I was so shocked and horrified that I was literally speechless. I felt so angry, sad, and sick all in one sweeping emotion. Since when would it be God's way for a mother to have to leave her newborn in order to get over her motherly instincts?!!!!!!!!!!!! :sa

I've never shared this with anyone, but to this day this story still affects me, and reminds me of the horrible affects that Ezzo's teaching can have on mothers. I wish that i had known what to say that day or had the presence of mind to say *anything*, but sometimes I wonder where/how this mom is right now, and wishing that there was something I could do to tell her that it doesn't have to be like that. :sad2

flowermama
05-08-2005, 11:34 PM
oh, that's so sad! :cry (((hugs))) That would be shock to hear someone say something like that. I don't know what I would have said. I can see why you were left speechless. :hug

Close2MyHeart
05-09-2005, 05:02 AM
Oh my goodness!! :sad2 Even when I did CIO I couldn't have done that!! I never did CIO at that age anyway. That is so, so very sad.

Embracing Grace
05-09-2005, 02:42 PM
I have heard of a few mothers doing this. How utterly sad! :cry

mamahammer
05-09-2005, 06:38 PM
:sad2 :sad2 I just can't imagine. Wild horses couldn't have made me leave my 5 wk old :sad2 It's so sad that she thought that was "God's Way."