PDA

View Full Version : how do I start?

momjis22
05-04-2005, 11:43 AM
I am thinking of homeschooling my dd1 who is 33 months. for now she is attending pre-school full day and loves it!!. I am looking for reviews about which system to use and how and when to begin.I am a christian myself and would like to try a carriculum that goes with my beliefs. plz give me as many ideas as you can

booboo
05-04-2005, 05:49 PM
I'm looking into homeschooling my 2 dd's as well. Try a search for Great Christian Books. (I think it's Christianbook.com) They have many books discounted included a great homeschooling section.

I don't know where you live but there are 2 homeschooling conventions coming up; one in PA this weekend (forget where) and one in Edison, NJ that would be great to go to. You can find a lot of resources at these and info. HTH! :)

PrincessMommie
05-05-2005, 11:38 AM
I would highly recommend doing a search on Charlotte Mason and consider reading The Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola....you have plenty of time! :)

I'd also read Ruth Beechick's "The Three R's" booklets. :)

Also take a peek at Before Five In a Row....that is intended for ages 2-4 and would beat preschool anyday! :tu
www.fiveinarow.com

Also take a look at My Father's World
www.mfwbooks.com

For math consider: Funtastic Frogs by scholastic for grades PreK-2nd and also I highly recommend Making Math Meaningful
www.cornerstonecurriculum.com

For phonics we like: Explode the Code books, starting with the Primers
and then moving into Learning Language Arts Through Literature.
www.epsbooks.com (explode the code)
www.commonsensepress.com (Learning Language)

We are doing AmbleSide Online.
www.amblesideonline.org

For a great group to learn from:
www.groups.yahoo.com/group/WholeHearted_HomeSchooling