PDA

View Full Version : If you could buy one wool cover..

jengi33
04-26-2005, 10:38 AM
What one would it be? I have just enough gift money to buy a wool cover for overnights (for when she's a little older) and am wondering which brand you would choose?? Can you help me out?

BeckaBlue
04-26-2005, 10:43 AM
I'd go w/ a stretchier one, not sure of the brand, while i LOVE the woolly bottoms they're difficult to pull over diaper and the waist flares outthat his shirt fall into it and sometimes get wet

DogwoodMama
04-26-2005, 10:49 AM
Hmmm... my favorite is Kiwi Pie, but I believe Maria is cutting back on her business and won't be stocking often. :cry

I would prefer one in the style of Kiwi Pie... but I'm not sure who else makes them like that b/c I only have Kiwi Pies... :shrug

Micah
04-26-2005, 12:42 PM
I think the home made knitted ones you find at the WAHM Chicks auctions are great! They are really nice and thick if you are looking for night time.

wuzzie
04-26-2005, 02:28 PM
My 2 favs are the Stacinator felted wool, it's very adjustable and NEVER leaves red marks. Aristocrats are good too. There is a seller on ebay that sells awsome covers really cheap, their name is Babyology. Take a look http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZwearbest8

MoongardenMama
04-29-2005, 09:38 PM
We too have several Babyology's soakers - they are great! Same style and functionality as Aristocrats at half the price. You can even have the bum embriodered with your child's name! They come in longies or shorties. I would highly recommend them! We also have Imse Vimse Bumpy Wool which I love. They have a nice wide panel of velcro with two snaps for added security. That is my really dependable work-horse cover - never a leak or wick! I've tried Stacinator which I found hard to wash...Nikki, which didn't fit well over any of my dipes, and the Organic Wool pull on - I can't remember the name (but it leaked like crazy). I'd say, Aristocrats, Babyology and Bumpy, if I had to go again - I'd buy only these types. Let us know what you end up with ! I love WOOL!!!!!

jengi33
04-30-2005, 06:20 AM
Those look great (babyology), but now the dilemna is what size??? Elly is already over 9 lbs., so I suppose I should go with the medium?? Any advice on that? And what color? I may need them for next baby too!

Moon
04-30-2005, 07:29 AM
Craftier by the Stitch soaker shorts off eBay. They are sooo soft and yummy, work fabulously. We have a crochet "soaker" style and a knitted pair of boxer style shorts. His wool shorts are nearly all he wears now that it's warmer, adorable with just a tshirt.

wuzzie
04-30-2005, 10:23 AM
Craftier by the Stitch soaker shorts off eBay. They are sooo soft and yummy, work fabulously. We have a crochet "soaker" style and a knitted pair of boxer style shorts. His wool shorts are nearly all he wears now that it's warmer, adorable with just a tshirt.
I just bought one of thses and it was too small!!! WAHHHH!! :hissyfit It was a super cute melon color too. They are adorable, I can't say anything about the waterproofness of it though, I never got to use it. :(

jengi33
04-30-2005, 10:31 AM
I just bought one of thses and it was too small!!! WAHHHH!! :hissyfit It was a super cute melon color too. They are adorable, I can't say anything about the waterproofness of it though, I never got to use it. :(

What size? Interested in selling it??

wuzzie
04-30-2005, 05:54 PM

What size? Interested in selling it??
Yep! It's a medium, it's over in swap and shop right now. I'm asking 16 plus shipping which is what I paid. There is a link over there to a picture.

wuzzie
05-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Yeah, duh! I'm not asking 16, I'm asking 15. DUH!! :blush

jengi33
05-01-2005, 05:51 PM
I was going to make you an offer, but I won an aristocrat that I'd been bidding on on EBAY, so sorry!

wuzzie
05-01-2005, 07:08 PM
Hey, Aristocrats are awsome! Good for you! No worries.

memory maker
05-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Hey, Aristocrats are awsome!

I would agree with that.
I bought a babyology one off ebay. I heard their sizing was off so I bought a large instead of a medium. The legs of it are so short and the hips are so baggy. I wont buy one again.

canadiyank
05-12-2005, 12:00 AM
I would buy an Easy Wool cover from www.fireflydiapers.com Not cheap (and she just raised the price!) but I've never had a problem with them, they're fairly easy to obtain, and they're gorgeous. That's all I use, I've sold off all my others, including some very difficult to get ones, b/c nothing can compare with my easies. :heart