PDA

View Full Version : Cute

TestifyToLove
04-20-2005, 12:02 PM
So, I wanted to present an overview of world history in a manner that the children could grasp at least just a few of the concepts and flow of history. I settled on getting the Time Life Series on Lost Civilizations via our Mentura membership and its been TERRIFIC for all of the kids.

Anyway, we're watching on Tibet today, which of course means learning about Buddhism. And yeah, we do explain about other religions and what they believe, even though we don't believe them.

Okay, so the video talked about Buddha sitting under the tree seeking enlightenment. Ds looked at me, asked me to explain and declared, "Oh, I would get HUNGRY!"

Which is only slightly funnier than when I attempted to explain the role of the Dahli Lama and reincarnation. His response to that was, "Nooo, I don't believe that. How silly."

Okay, truthfully, that's what I think too when it comes to reincarnation. But, I didn't convey that to ds when I was explaining it. I really want them to understand other religions and people and show respect, even to things we completely disagree with. But it was really funny to hear him interpret Buddhism in the context of his own Christianity, which he has only embraced as fully HIS beliefs since coming home 16 months ago.

2TMama
04-21-2005, 06:24 AM
from the mouths of babes ;)
Isn't it an awesome priviledge to be "in on" teaching/learning w/ little ones....especially about spiritual things! :hearts

Reva
04-21-2005, 09:18 AM
LOL! That is cute!! :mrgreen :hearts