PDA

View Full Version : Okay, here is my curriculum order so far

Quietspirit
04-12-2005, 06:12 AM
We're eclectics here so our day is a mix between unschooling and curriculum ;)

*Math U See Beta and Gamma (my son is between levels in his skills) I expect he'll zip through Beta from now through the summer and then we'll start Gamma.

*Sequential Spelling (we're actually going to use their program "If it is to be") GREAT program for dyslexic spellers and they've been super helpful

*Considering God's Creation (allready have this and are using it) TERRIFIC science!

*Beautiful Feet Early American History

*LOTS of good books for reading and literature

*Bible study as a family with felts (allready have the Lukens felt set)

Now I just need to settle on a grammar/reading skills program (might do Shurley English if I can get it for cheaper on Ebay)

What do you think? :)

2TMama
04-12-2005, 06:56 AM
Looks good ;) Have you had good luck w/ ebay in the past?

I'm no veteran, but I've found *great* anticipation when planning materials for our hs journey. It can turn into an obsession, can't it?

The "proof is in the pudding" -- no matter how great you *think* something's going to be, you'll only know for sure once you start using it. I find myself anxiously awaiting the mail lady's arrival....is my package here, is my package here??? :wow

How long till the materials are all in your hands?

hearttender4
04-12-2005, 08:03 AM
That sounds excellent. :) I think sequential spelling sounds great, and have been considering it for my oldest dd. Have you considered Easy Grammar? It's pretty intensive, but they can work indepently a lot.

Quietspirit
04-12-2005, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the tip on Easy Grammar. I'll look into it. :)

I'm ordering tonight...so hopefully I'll have everything in 1-2 weeks time. :tu :type :jump

3BlueArrows4Us
04-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Sounds great!

Where did you get your felt sets??? I think my boys would love some of these to illustrate our Bible stories.

I love the planning, ordering, and waiting phases! It's like Christmas for HSing mommas! ;)

Quietspirit
04-12-2005, 01:24 PM
My Bible felt set is the Little Folk Visuals Home Worship set. (similar to Betty Lukens but a bit different). It is about 115 felts (airbrushed and very nice quality) with a lesson manual of 25 lessons. I can't remember where I got it....it's been several years. :O

Sara
04-12-2005, 04:51 PM
That looks wonderful! I have looked at Considering God's Creation and I think it looks great - glad to hear that you really like it! :)