PDA

View Full Version : It came!

Piper2
04-11-2005, 01:01 PM
The UPS man just delivered my Weaver Curriculum for next year about an hour ago (the air-conditioning guy was here at the time, so I couldn't dive into it right away). It was a BIG box with 4 binders I had to put the pages and tabs into, plus a skills evaluation book. The Volume 1 binder with the actual lessons in it is HUGE! :eek DH asked me if I thought it was going to be any good, and I told him that if I couldn't figure out how to teach my child with all that stuff, I had no business trying! ;)

But now I can actually start reading and planning for next year! :dance

Leslie
04-11-2005, 01:15 PM
I remember, back when we used a boxed curriculum, how exciting it used to be the day our schoolbooks arrived in the mail. It was like Christmas!!

Sara
04-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Exciting! I'm always excited when HSing materials arrive in the mail, whether it is just one thing or a box full of stuff. Enjoy! :)

2TMama
04-13-2005, 08:55 AM
Tambourine Dancer~

How Exciting! Is this your first year w/ Weaver?
What grade?
What have you used before/how did you decide to get Weaver?
Do you know anyone IRL who uses it?

Sorry for all the ?'s, but I've looked into Weaver a *little* -- it seems like an awesome concept!

Piper2
04-13-2005, 09:35 AM
Tambourine Dancer~

How Exciting! Is this your first year w/ Weaver?
What grade?
What have you used before/how did you decide to get Weaver?
Do you know anyone IRL who uses it?

Sorry for all the ?'s, but I've looked into Weaver a *little* -- it seems like an awesome concept!

Yes, this will be my first year with Weaver.
Kevin will be starting 1st Grade.
We've used Math-U-See the past 2 years (and plan to continue). Besides that, we've used School Zone workbooks (bought from the bookstore and Walgreen's, if you can believe it ;)), Alpha Omega LIFEPAC Language Arts, Abeka Kindergarten Social Studies activity sheets (but not the textbook that went with them), and Apologia elementary astronomy.
I decided to go with Weaver because I wanted something more hands-on for Kevin, plus I was kinda tired of having this motley jumble of curriculum and wanted something more cohesive.
I don't know ANYBODY IRL who uses it! :eek Right now I'm planning on having to depend on the Unofficial Weaver Pages message board to get any questions answered about the practicalities of using it unless or until I find somebody IRL.

I don't mind the questions...I think that as homeschoolers, that's 99% of our conversations anyway, right? ;)

2TMama
04-13-2005, 09:46 AM
Thanks ;)

Right now we're a mixed "jumble" of things as well. The *idea* of one set of curriculum is appealing, but at the same time I like the freedom/flexibility of putting my own mix together, kwim?

Let us know how it ends up going.....the in's & out's of Weaver :mrgreen

Quietspirit
04-13-2005, 10:01 AM
cool! :tu

Piper2
04-13-2005, 11:02 AM
The *idea* of one set of curriculum is appealing, but at the same time I like the freedom/flexibility of putting my own mix together, kwim?

Well, with me "freedom/flexibility" equals "doing nothing" because I'm too overwhelmed by the possibilities. ;) So I need things spelled out for me, but nothing too regimented. And I think Weaver will allow me to find my own resources, so it's not like I'm stuck with "whatever the textbook says", KWIM?

2TMama
04-13-2005, 11:15 AM
Sounds like you've found a good match :tu

Since I'm doing K this year, I figure it'll be lots of learning for ds & *mostly* for me! I'm still looking to see what might be good for next year, etc. ;)