PDA

View Full Version : "Pocketful of Pinecones" by Karen Andreola

Sara
04-08-2005, 08:02 PM
I picked up this book a few weeks ago at the bookstore as I was looking for books that would inspire me and it is such a delightful book! It is about nature studies, but it is written as a fictional account of a homeschooling mom so it is a really fun read, as well as being informative and inspiring. I read the first few chapters aloud to dd and she was very inspired to do nature walks and so we've been doing nature walks and keeping a nature notebook for the past few weeks and it has just been such a nice experience.

Anyway, I just thought I would put a little plug in for this book and recommend that you read it if you are in any way interested in doing more with nature studies with your children! :tu

Have a good weekend, everyone! :heart

rosesnsnails
04-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Thanks, I've been feeling very discouraged lately.

hearttender4
04-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Thank you Sara! :smile I've been wanting to read that book for a long time and am determined to this summer. It sounds really inspiring. :)

puffballpopple
04-09-2005, 07:26 AM
Thanks for reminding me that I need to go to the library and get this :tu

Amanda

3BlueArrows4Us
04-09-2005, 07:40 AM
Sounds like a great summer read gearing up for the fall! I will check it out! :) :tu

erinee
04-10-2005, 10:07 AM
I got a used copy from Amazon and have started reading it. I hadn't thought about reading it to ds so he'll know a little about what we'll be doing next year. I'll have to do that.

Quietspirit
04-11-2005, 01:31 PM
:tu I LOVE that book as well :)

fourbygrace
04-13-2005, 03:57 PM
I love this book as well. I read it about a year ago and want to read it again. I never thought to read it to my children either.

Blessings,
Mary

Stonebeck Farm
04-28-2005, 05:16 AM
I read this book a year ago and loved it. After I finished it I read it again to DS and he loved it (then age 4)! I totally agree it is a wonderful read aloud. :mrgreen

Winkie
04-28-2005, 09:53 AM
I just got this book from my library. So now I'm reading this at the same time I'm reading The Well Trained Mind! :crazy :lol