PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy for a 4 year old

lmgeenw
04-06-2005, 03:43 PM
I'm sure there are a million places, but where do you all get your resources? I don't get any catalogs or anything at this point, but I would like to start looking at things. I found the Sonlight site and I order a lot of books from Amazon and Barnes and Noble, but that is about all I know so far. I would like links to info on Math-U-See, Singaphore Math, ABeka, Handwriting Without Tears and anything else that might be good for my just-turned four year old. These are just the ones I have heard of on this board that sounded good. :) She know all her letters and sounds, most of her numbers, she LOVES to read, loves workbooks, like to draw and make things. I especially need some activities she can do by herself and to help me keep her busy! Thanks!

ShangriLewis
04-06-2005, 11:30 PM
I use KONOS and lots of library books.

Mama Bird
04-07-2005, 05:56 AM
Ebay is a good start! I also get some things from our local used homeschool store. Ask other homeschoolers in your area if there is such a thing. Ours isn't advertised at all. Used curriculum fairs are a great idea. Also, Vegsource.com has some homeschool swap boards that you can sometimes find good deals on. And of course, you sometimes see things on our own swap n shop forum. :mrgreen

lmgeenw
04-07-2005, 08:39 AM
I use KONOS and lots of library books.

Sorry, new here, but what is KONOS and where can I find out about it?

4Cygnets
04-07-2005, 01:45 PM
Rod and Staff has some good preschool books that I will do again with my younger kids http://www.milestoneministries.com/store/merchant.mvc

A Beka is just abeka.com Their stuff is pretty intense for the k4 age.

Rainbow Resources is a good place to purchase books. And "Love to Learn" at lovetolearn.net is a good resource

ShangriLewis
04-07-2005, 04:08 PM
www.konos.com (http://www.konos.com)

I believe that's it. You can ask me if you want, too. I guess I use it in relaxed mannert. Crystal uses it in a more classical way, I believe.

Heather

CelticJourney
04-07-2005, 05:09 PM
LOL I missed the 'for' in your title and was wondering if they were selling four year olds somewhere. :think

Irene
04-07-2005, 05:41 PM
LOL I missed the 'for' in your title and was wondering if they were selling four year olds somewhere.

I know me too, I was scrolling down and was like WHAT?! :laughtears

Sandy
04-07-2005, 10:21 PM
www.singaporemath.com

www.mathusee.com

www.abeka.com

www.sonlight.com

www.vegsource.com/homeschool (great place to find used curriculum)

puffballpopple
04-08-2005, 07:13 AM
I second the Ebay suggestion! But um if you're anything like me, pray for some willpower first or you'll end up buying a lot of stuff that you don't need :lol

Amanda

Reva
04-08-2005, 01:13 PM
I second the rainbow resource catalog! It's HUGE!!! There's so much in that thing that it will take you weeks just to get through it. But I'm in hog heaven when I read it. :)

lmgeenw
04-08-2005, 10:18 PM
LOL I missed the 'for' in your title and was wondering if they were selling four year olds somewhere. :think

LOL, I don't think I want any more four year olds right now. I guess it was a good way to get people to read my post. But thanks for the links everyone!

grandmama
04-12-2005, 01:07 PM
check out this link for Rainbow Resource....absolutely best catalog ever.

Also, I highly recommend the 5 in a Row curricula for preschoolers.