PDA

View Full Version : along the lines of lungs need crying...

Happy Mom
03-31-2005, 12:46 PM
my MIL's new way of criticizing my frequent slingin' of Ms. P is

"Isnt she outgrowing that thing yet? Looks a little tight in there." :rolleyes

all I could come up with was "She isnt complaining yet. before too long she wont want me to hold her."

Heather
03-31-2005, 12:47 PM
LOL :)

ArmsOfLove
03-31-2005, 12:56 PM
I'd just look confused and say, "No." ;)

DogwoodMama
03-31-2005, 01:11 PM
I get this ALL the time. :rolleyes Got it yesterday in the grocery store check-out line... I said "NO! Shhh! Don't tell her that! This is my mama secret-weapon against run-away toddlers!" :lol Which is true, she's too short to hold my hand, & if her feet hit the ground she's off and running! :eek

MarynMunchkins
03-31-2005, 02:08 PM
:lol I can usually get away with "Well, since Ana still likes to ride..." ;)

2sunshines
03-31-2005, 02:13 PM
:rolleyes

milkmommy
03-31-2005, 02:21 PM
Isn't it strange how the same people who can critize us for giving in and spoling them by not letting them CIO or BF on demand are the same to suddenly worry if they are "comfortable" :rolleyes I always found it odd my MIL in one breath suggest I just "shut the door and then go outside so I wont "hear her" askes if shes too hot in that sling in the next breath :rolleyes

Deanna

GodisGood
03-31-2005, 02:23 PM
:rolleyes

Radosny Matka
03-31-2005, 02:25 PM
:rolleyes Whatever happened to "if you can't say anything nice, keep your mouth closed?"

Joanne
03-31-2005, 02:33 PM
my MIL's new way of criticizing my frequent slingin' of Ms. P is

"Isnt she outgrowing that thing yet? Looks a little tight in there." :rolleyes

all I could come up with was "She isnt complaining yet. before too long she wont want me to hold her."

I'd say: "Today's babies are so high tech. They have this fantastic way of letting you know when they are uncomfortable, hurting or in need of something. It's a cry mechanism. " :idea :wow

Happy Mom
03-31-2005, 02:50 PM
:laughtears joann! :laughtears

MarynMunchkins
03-31-2005, 03:01 PM
Yeah, Joanne, but they don't listen to that one. :rolleyes

ShowersofBlessings
03-31-2005, 07:07 PM
Yeah, Joanne, but they don't listen to that one. :rolleyes

Yeah, it's like they think that if they are crying it is GOOD for them, but if they aren't crying then they probably AREN'T content..... Because obviously babies don't know what they *really* need. :rolleyes :rolleyes

CelticJourney
03-31-2005, 07:16 PM
<<Looks a little tight in there>>

Uuummm, well, yes it is a little tight in there, and that is because that is the way the baby likes it. I will be honest, sometimes babies in slings do look like they were pressed in with a spatula from the outside, but once you wear them you understand how comfee they are.

So maybe try "it just looks that way' or 'she seems to like to be snuggled in tight, like before she was born'