PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Service then CD'ing

cannuke
03-30-2005, 09:44 AM
Has anyone used a diaper service, then switched to using their own diapers that they've bought? I'm thinking of using a diaper service for the first couple of months, figuring out what style of diaper works, then buying or making my own.

Any thoughts?

Larissa
03-30-2005, 12:02 PM
I never thought about that option, but I suppose that would work well...at the beginning when you are adjusting!

canadiyank
03-30-2005, 12:11 PM
This is exactly what we did! With dd1 my dh's grandma bought us 2 mos. of diaper service...after that I paid for it for a few mos. and then one mos. was writing the check and thinking, man, I could buy a lot of dipes with this. LOL. So I gradually switched. I had PPD really bad with her, so it was nice to have those fresh, clean dipes and not have to do anything but set them outside once a week. With dd2 I did my own from the beginning since I was already so used to it, dd1 was just pottylearning so I had her trainers to wash, too, at the beginning.

The Tickle Momster
03-30-2005, 02:48 PM
This is what we did too. It was nice for the first few months to not have to do dipes. We did it with #2 also since we had 2 in dipes and #1 was only 15 months. Our service also gives a month free after the 1st 2 months or something so it really worked out well. Enjoy the adjustment period!

Iarwain
03-30-2005, 05:55 PM
I did this too, although it has been a few years. I was one of the last two customers the diaper service had in my area and when I quit they stopped service to my town. I loved it while it lasted, but ultimately I wanted to save money and the service was only a little cheaper than disposables, although much nicer and more convenient.

GodisGood
03-30-2005, 06:00 PM
This is exactly what we did! With dd1 my dh's grandma bought us 2 mos. of diaper service...after that I paid for it for a few mos. and then one mos. was writing the check and thinking, man, I could buy a lot of dipes with this. LOL. So I gradually switched. I had PPD really bad with her, so it was nice to have those fresh, clean dipes and not have to do anything but set them outside once a week. With dd2 I did my own from the beginning since I was already so used to it, dd1 was just pottylearning so I had her trainers to wash, too, at the beginning.

Basically, the same thing we did.

Tamara
03-30-2005, 10:39 PM
I started out with a diaper service. It was wonderful! :tuBut we were struggling for me to try to stay home (it never happened :doh), so we switched to washing our own diapers. The service only provided one type of diaper (DSQ prefolds), so it wasn't an opportunity to figure out about different types of diapers (AIOs, Pockets, Motherease, for example). Washing is cheaper, but more time consuming. When we canceled, the service offered us a "seconds" service--the same pickup/delivery system, but with the not-as-nice diapers. I called back recently to ask for this, and the diaper service sold out to new owners. :(