PDA

View Full Version : deodorant?

Atarah
03-23-2005, 10:12 AM
nak

so i've decided that sweat is good, and stopped using the standard 'antiperspirant'.... i also probably only shower @ 3 x per week (but will start more often now that summer is coming to houston) :smile

so what do you use to keep the 'bacterial waste product' arm-pit smell to a minimum? everything i've tried in the past hasn't seemed to work, so i end up going back to the antiperspirant...... i used to do biomedical research, and there was a couple of foreign nationals (who didn't have the U.S. obsession with hypercleanness the way we do) in my building, and i couldn't ride in the elevator with them :eek. I don't want to have that effect on other people :blush :hiding :blush TIA

TestifyToLove
03-23-2005, 10:36 AM
Have you looked into a deodorant crystal? They kill the bacteria that causes the BO and work quite well for the odor. They do nothing for the sweat though. I used one for years and switched because I was tired of the chaffing under my armpits from the sweating. I'd like to go back to one but having trouble finding one without having to pay shipping on it.

crunchymum
03-23-2005, 10:59 AM
dh and i use the liquid rock stuff... lemme find a link for you...

ok, this is what we use (the liquid kind):
http://www.thecrystal.com/

kiss my face has some, too...

http://www.kissmyface.com/Product/Kiss+My+Face/Deodorants/1900371EA/

here's some scented ones: http://www.kissmyface.com/CategoryNav/Kiss+My+Face/Deodorants/2/

IMO, it works great! you want to make sure you put it on right after you take a bath or shower...even if you bath at night. ;) i only take a shower a few times a week, and i don't smell...at least i don't think i do! :lol i tried the other kinds of natural deoderant (like the stick kind) and it was nasty, IMO. didn't work for me.

hth! :)

bunbunmama
03-23-2005, 03:09 PM
I just started using a roll-on called "Naturally Fresh Deodorant Crystal Roll-On." I'm not sure if Naturally Fresh is the brand name or what? I got it at our health food store, and it seems to work pretty well for me...but it's also been pretty chilly here. The real test will come this summer!! ;)

GodisGood
03-23-2005, 03:19 PM
Usually while pg and nursing I can't use anything natural besides Tom's of Main. I stink to high heaven. When my hormones have died down I use Burt's Bee's deodorant spray. I smell fresh and less like my French ancestry. :rolleyes

Iarwain
03-23-2005, 03:59 PM
I use a deodorant crystal, the rock kind not a liquid. It is cheap and lasts a really, really long time. It works great! I have also used cheap mens deodorant (Aldi brand) that doesn't have antiperspirant in it. That doesn't work so well. The deo crystal is terrific! Just don't drop it -it breaks and it is really hard to apply when your deodorant is in slivers. :lol

crunchymum
03-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Just don't drop it -it breaks and it is really hard to apply when your deodorant is in slivers.

:laughtears and don't forget to wet it before you apply it.... my in-laws didn't know they were supposed too... :eek :lol

RealLifeMama
03-23-2005, 05:40 PM
:laughtears and don't forget to wet it before you apply it.... my in-laws didn't know they were supposed too... :eek :lol

TeeHee! :lolI can hear it now! "This stuff does not work for diddly!" :td

I personally use Avalon Lavender Roll on. It has no propylene glycol and smells really good.

rosesnsnails
03-23-2005, 06:37 PM
We use Toms of Maine, but it doesn't work so well in the sweltering heat of the summer. :shrug