Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:21 AM   #1
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dd just threw up- update page 2

Why would she have thrown up? Usually you would think stomach virus but all my kids have only stayed at home for weeks. We've been trying not to get sick because of the baby so we haven't been anywhere in the past days/weeks. We did go on a drive on Sunday and we were only in the van- we didn't get out at all. Before that we went to the park a week and a half ago.

We did go out to get the car fixed today. I let her play with the toys (stupid of me, I know), and we sanitized hands right after. Would that be fast enough for her to get it tonight?

I suppose it could be food poisoning, but I can't think what we could have eaten that might have been bad. Also we don't even eat meat or other stuff that is most commonly a culprit for that.

We're all supposed to go out of town on Thursday for 2 days. And it's for dh's work, so he at least HAS to go. My kids have been looking forward to this for a few weeks!

Can a kid throw up without having a virus? All she ate for dinner was cheerios and almond milk and she didn't overeat.

This is my phobia- I am so scared!!

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day

Last edited by Aerynne; 03-02-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say they are praying for Aerynne:
ValiantJoy07 (02-26-2013), Zooey (02-27-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 12:36 AM   #2
ShangriLewis
Moderator in Vegetarianism & Veganism

Arrange whatever pieces come your way. ~VW~

ShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond repute

I would say Dad is the carrier.

Heather
The Prophet 23yob, The Peacemaker 20yob, The Warrior 17, The Little Flower 11yog and The Surfer 9yob and our little birdie girl 4yo.

ShangriLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ShangriLewis For This Useful Post:
Aerynne (02-26-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 12:38 AM   #3
Codi
Rose Garden

Codi has disabled reputation
Default Re: Dd just threw up- but we haven't been anywhere to catch anything

People have gotten food illnesses from lettuce.
Yes, playing with the toys earlier today could have effected her this quickly, though I wouldn't put my money on that being it.
Your dh could have easily brought something home from work.

What about this scares you?

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Cross posted with Heather.

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8
Codi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Codi For This Useful Post:
Aerynne (02-26-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 12:47 AM   #4
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codi View Post

What about this scares you?
I have emetaphobia. It doesn't bother me so much when the kids throw up if it's not contagious but I am afraid of me throwing up, which obviously I could catch it. When I was a little girl (6 or 7) there was a little girl in my class who had brain cancer and also my uncle had terminal cancer and a friend of my mom's had cancer. So between that I knew way too much about cancer and one thing I knew was chemo made you throw up. So I drew the connection between throwing up=-cancer=death (the little girl in my class died, as did my uncle) and logically I know that isn't the case but it's imprinted on my subconscious that way. Almost 30 years later and it's still there that way and I can't "erase" it. I can remind myself over and over that if I throw up I won't die from it. I know I won't. And yet it's the end of the world to me. I haven't thrown up since I was 12 because I just don't let myself do it, but yet I'm still not completely sure of my ability to not let myself throw up so I know I still might.

married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

The Following 5 Users Say they are praying for Aerynne:
arelyn (02-26-2013), Codi (02-26-2013), dakotablue (02-26-2013), WildFlower (02-26-2013), Zooey (02-27-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 12:57 AM   #5
arelyn
Rose Trellis

Soli deo Gloria

arelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond repute

Starting at 2 1/2 my oldest started throwing up everytime he got any sickness. We've done road trips and airplane trips with a puking boy. It's hard but there's nothing you can do about it.

And there's no reason to feel bad about it. Our world is broken and sickness happens. She could have just adjusted her shoe and gotten just the right germ on her fingernail. Things like that happen and it's no one's fault.

Cross post. Praying for peace.

arelyn
World traveling mama to my star my sunshine and the monsoon baby
Wife to my crazy ethnomusicologist

This road that we travel, may it be the straight and narrow. God give us peace and grace from you all the day through.
arelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arelyn For This Useful Post:
Aerynne (02-26-2013), Llee (02-26-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 01:34 AM   #6
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Thank you.

So I forgot this but dh reminded me- this evening she bit into the bottom outside peel of a rotten banana. Dh thinks that is what did it. He thinks it's food poisoning because her puke smells sooo vile. I've never heard of food poisoning from a rotten banana, but I guess it's possible. It was a pretty gross banana. What do you guys think?

married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

Old 02-26-2013, 01:38 AM   #7
arelyn
Rose Trellis

Soli deo Gloria

arelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond repute

Totally possible. If that's the case it should get through her system quickly. At least that's what I always tell myself.

arelyn
World traveling mama to my star my sunshine and the monsoon baby
Wife to my crazy ethnomusicologist

This road that we travel, may it be the straight and narrow. God give us peace and grace from you all the day through.
arelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to arelyn For This Useful Post:
Aerynne (02-26-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 02:04 AM   #8
ValiantJoy07
Rose Garden

"Take Joy Home, And make a place in thy great heart for her...Joy is the grace we say to God." ~Jean Ingelow~

ValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond repute

Dd1/dd2 vomit from post nasal drip....it sounds like food poisoning though...
Homeschooling Mama to my 5 Joys...
dd1 RJ (12/07), dd2 AJ (08/09), dd3 PJ (01/12), ds1 Ziggy (09/15), ds2 Sunny (05/18)
Enjoying a Healing Diet to manage SPD and other health challenges.
Sorry for the typos and sloppy grammar I don't have a good excuse anymore.
ValiantJoy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ValiantJoy07 For This Useful Post:
Aerynne (02-26-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 02:34 AM   #9
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValiantJoy07 View Post
Dd1/dd2 vomit from post nasal drip....it sounds like food poisoning though...
shouldn't be that. She has had a cold for a few weeks but she just got over it.

married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

Old 02-26-2013, 04:36 AM   #10
Tandem mama
Rose Garden

In my world everyone's a pony

Tandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond repute

I have emetophobia too. ITU

Married since 2007 to my Apple-geeky artist Don (INTJ)
Mommy to Lydia (1/08) "Nature is really dirty"
Charlotte (7/10) "me am not chawlotte me are batman"
Introducing Nolan January 11, 2014

Tandem mama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tandem mama For This Useful Post:
Aerynne (02-26-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 04:43 AM   #11
Close2MyHeart
Rose Garden

Back for Friendships

Close2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond repute

(FWIW ~ Some stomach bugs can take only 4 hrs from exposure to illness, so the toys could be the culprit. Or your DH. Or the banana. It's SO HARD to know. )
DS1(21), DS2(20), BD1(20), DD1(19), BS1(17), DS3(16), BS2(14), DD2(14), BD2(10), BD3 (8)
(B = Bonus/Step)
Close2MyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Close2MyHeart For This Useful Post:
Aerynne (02-26-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 04:49 AM   #12
mipennsn
Rose Garden

mipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond repute

Vile smelling puke sounds similar to what we have had run through our house. Hopefully it will last about 12 hours. That is what happened here.
My GIRL H who is 7!

Full time mommy and breadwinner for my family

mipennsn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mipennsn For This Useful Post:
Aerynne (02-26-2013), MomtoJGJ (02-26-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 06:10 AM   #13
MomtoJGJ
Deactivated

MomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond repute

We have had about a million (ok maybe 5, but it seems like a million) stomach bugs run through our house since the beginning of December. They have all been mild and have all come within half a day of being exposed, unless DH has been the carrier all along.

Every one of them have made the kids have a tummy ache, thrown up once or maybe twice, and been fine in 12 hours. I haven't even felt slightly like I"m going to throw up. Mine has been the other end Every time.
MomtoJGJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MomtoJGJ For This Useful Post:
Aerynne (02-26-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 08:26 AM   #14
Aerynne
Rose Garden

She's fine this morning. She had some gatorade and she's dancing around energetically. She only puked twice, slept the rest of the night, then woke up fine. Dd1 is feeling sick now, but that happens fairly regularly anyway, so we'll see if anything comes of it. If anyone is going to get sick they should just do it now. Then maybe we can still go on our trip.

What would you guys do about the trip? We're supposed to leave in 2 days (but in the afternoon), it's about an hour and a half drive to where we're staying in a hotel. Dh has stuff planned but I could stay in the hotel room with sick kids if any kids become sick while we are there. I don't think cancelling the trip altogether is an option. Dh would have to go anyway, unless he is sick.

married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

The Following User Says Thank You to Aerynne For This Useful Post:
Zooey (02-27-2013)
The Following User Says they are praying for Aerynne:
Zooey (02-27-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #15
Starfox
Deactivated

Ain't nobody got time for perfection!

Starfox has a reputation beyond reputeStarfox has a reputation beyond reputeStarfox has a reputation beyond reputeStarfox has a reputation beyond reputeStarfox has a reputation beyond reputeStarfox has a reputation beyond reputeStarfox has a reputation beyond reputeStarfox has a reputation beyond reputeStarfox has a reputation beyond reputeStarfox has a reputation beyond reputeStarfox has a reputation beyond repute

E puked last night (Ipuked 3 nights ago) and were leaving Thurs on an 8 hour trip. The incubation of this puke in our house seems to be 48 hours. I'm going to wait until Thurs morning, and if no one puked that night previously we'll go. Because then it will have been over 48 hours since the last round.
Starfox is offline   Reply With Quote