Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* > Breakfast *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 12-20-2011, 05:31 AM   #1
Weezie
Rose Garden

A sign of God's love...

Weezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cinnamon roll recipe

Who has a good but relatively easy cinnamon roll recipe they would care to share with me? I would like to make them for Christmas morning.

The one requirement- no red dye. I looked (to cheat) at the premade ones at the store and they all have red dye. No thanks.

And go!
Beansie (8 yrs)
Trooper (toddling around)

The Boo and The Boy too
Daytime "second mother" to Cindy Lou Hoo and Petunia too
Currently DF and WF for trooper
Weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:56 AM   #2
easygoinmomma
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Silence is golden unless you have boys. Then it means they're into something!

easygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cinnamon roll recipe

I have one, but it is more of a cinnamon roll biscut.
and momma to all boys
The Manatee
Lishy
Doodles
Goose
and Charlie the litter trained Chihuahua
easygoinmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to easygoinmomma For This Useful Post:
Weezie (12-20-2011)
Old 12-20-2011, 06:13 AM   #3
filmgirl2911
Rose Garden

filmgirl2911 has a reputation beyond reputefilmgirl2911 has a reputation beyond reputefilmgirl2911 has a reputation beyond reputefilmgirl2911 has a reputation beyond reputefilmgirl2911 has a reputation beyond reputefilmgirl2911 has a reputation beyond reputefilmgirl2911 has a reputation beyond reputefilmgirl2911 has a reputation beyond reputefilmgirl2911 has a reputation beyond reputefilmgirl2911 has a reputation beyond reputefilmgirl2911 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking of trying this one b/c I can do them the day before

I made these for Thanksgiving and they were delish

90-minute Cinnamon Rolls

Ingredients
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup margarine, softened
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 (.25 ounce) package instant yeast
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
1 egg
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup margarine, softened

Directions
Heat the milk in a small saucepan to almost boiling, and remove from heat. stir in butter until it melts. Set aside and let cool. You want the mixture to be lukewarm.
In a large mixing bowl, add 2 1/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt; mix well. Add water, egg and the now lukewarm milk mixture; beat well. Add in the rest of the flour a little at a time, stirring well each time. When the dough is just pulled together, place on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
Cover the dough with a damp towel and let sit for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a another bowl, blend brown sugar, cinnamon, softened butter.
Roll out the rested dough into a 12x9 inch rectangle. Slather dough with butter/sugar mixture. You can add raisins at this point (I don't because we don't like them). Roll the dough into a log and either pinch the seam to seal or coat edge lightly with water to seal.
Cut roll into 12 equal size pieces and place cut side up in lightly greased baking pan (I used a 9x12 glass baking dish). Cover and let rolls rise until they are doubled in size, approximately 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until browned. Cool slightly, so you can cut them and serve warm with icing.

I made my own icing with confectioners sugar, vanilla and milk.
blessed with a sweet {but sometimes fierce} empathetic little girl since April 2010

word on the street is I am an ENFP

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Last edited by filmgirl2911; 12-20-2011 at 06:58 PM.
filmgirl2911 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to filmgirl2911 For This Useful Post:
easygoinmomma (12-20-2011), inesperada (02-08-2012), mokamoto (12-29-2011), momyshaver (12-23-2011), Weezie (12-20-2011)
Old 12-20-2011, 06:39 AM   #4
ilikestrawberryjello
Rose Trellis

ilikestrawberryjello is a splendid one to beholdilikestrawberryjello is a splendid one to beholdilikestrawberryjello is a splendid one to beholdilikestrawberryjello is a splendid one to beholdilikestrawberryjello is a splendid one to beholdilikestrawberryjello is a splendid one to beholdilikestrawberryjello is a splendid one to beholdilikestrawberryjello is a splendid one to beholdilikestrawberryjello is a splendid one to behold

If you have a bread maker I do this one...
http://moneysavingmom.com/2010/01/br...amon-roll.html

SO YUMMY!!!
ilikestrawberryjello is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilikestrawberryjello For This Useful Post:
easygoinmomma (12-20-2011), momyshaver (12-23-2011), Weezie (12-20-2011)
Old 12-23-2011, 02:20 AM   #5
CapeTownMommy
Deactivated

CapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond repute

I made this recipe this morning, my first attempt at cinnamon buns. They're waiting on the counter for dh to come home, so in about 15 minutes we'll have a verdict, but based on what I've seen so far it's fantastic.

I made the dough in the bread machine, then mixed the butter/sugar/cinnamon and spread it on top, and then left it in the fridge for another 2 hours or so. Baked for 15 minutes. Can't wait!

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

OK - verdict is in. It was absolutely awesome, I can't distinguish it from the Cinnabon franchise. But it needs to bake for more than 15 minutes - I'll try 20-22 minutes next time, the insides were still a little on the doughy side.
CapeTownMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CapeTownMommy For This Useful Post:
momyshaver (12-23-2011), Weezie (12-23-2011)
Old 12-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #6
blondie
Rose Garden

A little bit crunchy, a little bit rock n' roll!

blondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond repute

I just made the recipe Judith shared! I hope they turn out, I goofed on my yeast measurement.

Lilla Rose Stylist
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blondie For This Useful Post:
filmgirl2911 (12-23-2011), Weezie (12-29-2011)
Old 12-23-2011, 01:32 PM   #7
momyshaver
Rose Trellis

Grace is for mamas too!

momyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud of

oh yummmm...keep em coming
momyshaver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to momyshaver For This Useful Post:
Weezie (12-29-2011)
Old 12-23-2011, 01:38 PM   #8
Iansmama

I was just looking for a cinnamon roll recipe too. A premade gluten free one is impossible to find! I bet I can use gf flour with this recipe!
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Weezie (12-29-2011)
Old 12-23-2011, 01:52 PM   #9
houseforjoy
Rose Garden

trying to live like olaf "this is the best day of my life!... and quite possibly the last!"

houseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond repute

the pioneer woman has one

need i say more

Psalm 13
How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?How long will you hide your face from me? 2 How long must I take counsel in my soul
and have sorrow in my heart all the day?....because I am shaken. 5 But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. 6 I will sing to the Lord,
because he has dealt bountifully with me.

houseforjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to houseforjoy For This Useful Post:
ilikestrawberryjello (12-24-2011), Weezie (12-29-2011)
Old 12-23-2011, 01:57 PM   #10
blondie
Rose Garden

A little bit crunchy, a little bit rock n' roll!

blondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond repute

Mine turned out amazing, despite my yeast failure!

I just ate THREE of them. Yikes. I used whole wheat flour, so they are healthy!

Lilla Rose Stylist
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blondie For This Useful Post:
filmgirl2911 (12-23-2011), momyshaver (12-23-2011), Weezie (12-29-2011)
Old 12-23-2011, 03:51 PM   #11
mummy2boys
Moderator in We'd Love to Meet You, Let's Talk, High Need/Spirited Children, Joyous Homekeeping, and The Cookbook

mummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond repute

My DS and DH love cinnamon so will have to give these a try
Waiting to meet 3 in heaven 2/2005, 5/2007 & 8/2011
Striving, with God's help, to be a gentle mother each day
mummy2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mummy2boys For This Useful Post:
Weezie (12-29-2011)
Old 12-26-2011, 07:07 PM   #12
Weezie
Rose Garden

A sign of God's love...

Weezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond reputeWeezie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmgirl2911 View Post
I'm thinking of trying this one b/c I can do them the day before

I made these for Thanksgiving and they were delish

90-minute Cinnamon Rolls

Ingredients
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup margarine, softened
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 (.25 ounce) package instant yeast
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
1 egg
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup margarine, softened

Directions
Heat the milk in a small saucepan to almost boiling, and remove from heat. stir in butter until it melts. Set aside and let cool. You want the mixture to be lukewarm.
In a large mixing bowl, add 2 1/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt; mix well. Add water, egg and the now lukewarm milk mixture; beat well. Add in the rest of the flour a little at a time, stirring well each time. When the dough is just pulled together, place on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
Cover the dough with a damp towel and let sit for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a another bowl, blend brown sugar, cinnamon, softened butter.
Roll out the rested dough into a 12x9 inch rectangle. Slather dough with butter/sugar mixture. You can add raisins at this point (I don't because we don't like them). Roll the dough into a log and either pinch the seam to seal or coat edge lightly with water to seal.
Cut roll into 12 equal size pieces and place cut side up in lightly greased baking pan (I used a 9x12 glass baking dish). Cover and let rolls rise until they are doubled in size, approximately 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until browned. Cool slightly, so you can cut them and serve warm with icing.

I made my own icing with confectioners sugar, vanilla and milk.
The overnight role were DELICIOUS! Thank you!
Beansie (8 yrs)
Trooper (toddling around)

The Boo and The Boy too
Daytime "second mother" to Cindy Lou Hoo and Petunia too
Currently DF and WF for trooper
Weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weezie For This Useful Post:
filmgirl2911 (12-26-2011)
Old 12-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #13
Jules

I might try one of these this weekend. My DS loves cinnamon rolls and the ones I made last weekend didn't turn out so good. (I think my milk mix was too hot and maybe I didn't knead dough enough ) My DH has a bread maker so maybe I can figure out how to do the dough part in there.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Weezie (12-29-2011)
Old 12-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #14
CapeTownMommy
Deactivated

CapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond reputeCapeTownMommy has a reputation beyond repute

The recipe I posted was made in the bread maker and it worked beautifully.
CapeTownMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CapeTownMommy For This Useful Post:
Weezie (12-29-2011)
Old 12-29-2011, 10:50 AM   #15
mokamoto
Climbing Rose

Mama to two little sweetpeas and loving wife to my Darling tech buff

mokamoto is a name known to allmokamoto is a name known to allmokamoto is a name known to allmokamoto is a name known to allmokamoto is a name known to allmokamoto is a name known to allmokamoto is a name known to allmokamoto is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezie View Post
Who has a good but relatively easy cinnamon roll recipe they would care to share with me? I would like to make them for Christmas morning.

The one requirement- no red dye. I looked (to cheat) at the premade ones at the store and they all have red dye. No thanks.

And go!
Yummm! Great thread. I need one, too! Thanks for posting this!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to mokamoto For This Useful Post:
Weezie (12-29-2011)