Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=402)
-   -   Hot Tub Safety (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=530605)

RealLifeMama 03-18-2023 09:01 AM

Hot Tub Safety

Would you use a hot tub at a VRBO? The one we rented has a separate hot tub fee over and above the cleaning fee, so I am wondering if that means they actually maintain it well.
Or would you ask questions of the owner/manager before making that choice? If so, what would you ask?
I am OK skipping it, but this trip is really for some respite for my 21-year-old DD, and I know she wants to use it if possible.

I personally have read too many stories about Legionella and dermatitis to feel comfy.

heartofjoy 03-18-2023 05:16 PM

Re: Hot Tub Safety

We always do. If you aren't immunocompromised, you should really be okay.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Aerynne 03-18-2023 05:18 PM

I would. If you are concerned, I'd look into what you could get at a pool store to test for those things or how you could chlorine shock it or whatever you would do if it was your own pool. Just look up what you would do for your own pool if it belonged to you. But since it isn’t your hot tub, if you are doing anything other than testing, I would get permission and also make sure the owner isn’t already doing it.

Little Forest 03-18-2023 08:26 PM

Important not to submerge your head at all and no contact lens use. Take a shower following. Low enough risk that way.

2sunshines 03-19-2023 06:27 AM

I would and always have.

twoplustwo 03-21-2023 05:11 AM

I would. We travel enough that I try not to think too hard about if things may not been cleaned the way they are supposed to. :shifty So I may not be the best person's who laissez-faire opinion you want to take.

I do keep my stuff off the floor (bed bugs) in hotels but that is about it for precautions unless something is visibly dirty.

I wouldn't be opposed to asking the owner about the cleaning. . . Id even phrase it along the lines of I am happy to see an extra hot tub cleaning fee and then ask. All positive spin. But once asked, Id be in or out on using it. (pun intended)

Close2MyHeart 03-23-2023 06:40 AM

I would use it! The only caveat to that is if it looks dirty or murky - I wouldn't use it then, but if it looks and smells clean I'd do it. Then I'd shower afterwards just a precaution.