Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   Magnesium citrate has helped me a lot! (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=530291)

kdm1984 07-01-2022 04:53 PM

Magnesium citrate has helped me a lot!

I took a test awhile back that indicated I'm genetically predisposed to magnesium deficiency. I started taking magnesium citrate daily, and the difference this last year or so has been amazing. I'm calmer, I focus better, and I've felt the best I've felt in many years. More and more research is coming out showing how important this mineral is for mental health. Foods with magnesium include nuts, fish, and leafy greens.

Singingmom 07-02-2022 06:05 PM

Re: Magnesium citrate has helped me a lot!

That’s so good to know! I wonder if my kids could benefit from more magnesium.

kdm1984 07-03-2022 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singingmom (Post 6272368)
That’s so good to know! I wonder if my kids could benefit from more magnesium.

I hope it works if you decide to try it!

I've also found benefit from the B vitamins, and apigenin, which is found in parsley, but can also be taken now in pill form.

Soliloquy 07-04-2022 07:41 PM

I give my youngest the Natural Calm gummies. They do help prevent "growing pains" which aren't really from growing, of course. The rest of us take Magtein and I also use a magnesium lotion.

RiverRock 07-05-2022 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soliloquy (Post 6272408)
...I also use a magnesium lotion.

I was thinking about this the other day. Did you also once mention using a magnesium spray that you bought at Wal-mart? I might do some cross border shopping in the US soon and would like to look for this.

2sunshines 07-06-2022 06:48 AM

I agree, magnesium is such an important supplement. I've noticed benefits as well.

I do remember that I was always told to make sure to take calcium with it so that the body can absorb. So I tend to get a "cal-mag" supplement. Is that still true?

Soliloquy 07-07-2022 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2sunshines (Post 6272450)
I agree, magnesium is such an important supplement. I've noticed benefits as well.

I do remember that I was always told to make sure to take calcium with it so that the body can absorb. So I tend to get a "cal-mag" supplement. Is that still true?

No, I do not believe it is true that you need to take them together. I don't think there's any harm in it, though.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverRock (Post 6272419)
I was thinking about this the other day. Did you also once mention using a magnesium spray that you bought at Wal-mart? I might do some cross border shopping in the US soon and would like to look for this.

We have so many Canadians shopping in our town. I'm south of Creston, BC. Any chance you're near me?

I have used spray and my DH prefers the spray but I prefer the lotion. I haven't bought it at Walmart but Walmart has started carrying so many good brands that I wouldn't be surprised if they had one, now. They carry Natural Calm.

I use this lotion https://www.traceminerals.com/produc...gnesium-lotion

I need lotion, anyway, because I have very dry skin , so this crosses two things off my list with one product. Plus there's no issues with absorption.

General FYI--any magnesium supplement that makes you go to to the bathroom or loosens your stool isn't being well absorbed. It's acting as an osmotic laxative. Which is fine if you need a laxative. But the magnesium is mostly passing right through your GI tract.

RiverRock 07-07-2022 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soliloquy (Post 6272480)
We have so many Canadians shopping in our town. I'm south of Creston, BC. Any chance you're near me?

It's a public forum so I'll pm you.