Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   December Dinners (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=529950)

charla 12-03-2021 09:49 PM

December Dinners

Tacos, Mexican rice

twoplustwo 12-04-2021 02:33 AM

Re: December Dinners

:cup

I am working all day and then dh and I have a party. Likely frozen pizza they will make before their church party and dh and I will eat at our party since its a potluck.

ECingMama 12-04-2021 08:50 PM

My family had chick-fil-a, and I had a hodge-podge. My tiny one had her first dance recital today. The phone she used to call Santa broke on stage, so she spent most of her time trying to fix it. :roll

charla 12-04-2021 10:53 PM

Potato soup

ECingMama 12-04-2021 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charla (Post 6262789)
Potato soup

do you have a recipe to share? what kind of potatoes do you use?

charla 12-05-2021 12:00 PM

Charla's Potato Soup

2-3 TBSP butter
1/2 yellow onion, small diced
3-4 ribs celery, diced
8-10 Russet or Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
1 quart chicken broth
Salt, pepper, seasoned salt, granulated garlic, granulated onion, dried parsley
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup half n half
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar

Saute onion, celery in butter over medium heat until softened. Add potatoes, chicken broth, and seasonings to pot and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Lightly break up potatoes with a potato masher. Stir in cream cheese, half and half, sour cream and cheese until melted and well-combined. Adjust seasonings to taste.

ECingMama 12-05-2021 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charla (Post 6262823)
Charla's Potato Soup

2-3 TBSP butter
1/2 yellow onion, small diced
3-4 ribs celery, diced
8-10 Russet or Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
1 quart chicken broth
Salt, pepper, seasoned salt, granulated garlic, granulated onion, dried parsley
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup half n half
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar

Saute onion, celery in butter over medium heat until softened. Add potatoes, chicken broth, and seasonings to pot and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Lightly break up potatoes with a potato masher. Stir in cream cheese, half and half, sour cream and cheese until melted and well-combined. Adjust seasonings to taste.

Thank you! We're going to have it today.

Hermana Linda 12-06-2021 11:07 PM

Tonight we had some leftover pot roast I had frozen with potato, carrots, Brussels sprouts and green beans. Tomorrow we'll finish it up with a stir fry.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

milkmommy 12-06-2021 11:16 PM

Its theatre week for nutcracker so super busy schedule. I make a chicken Pesto pasta bake enough to have leftovers for tomorrow. My husband had a faculty lunch out at a local Italian place (coincidence I had no idea where he'd be going) and he brought left over pizza and salad. So I don't have to worry about cooking anything tomorrow.

graciousmomma 12-06-2021 11:19 PM

Dh made chili last night.

We've been sick here. Thankfully, not covid. :phew :praise My 1 year old nephew was not sick at Thanksgiving, but started getting sick on black Friday, so I think he didn't have symptoms, but was contagious. My two youngest kiddos started getting sick on Monday. By Friday, we had them at the clinic, they were negative for covid, but both had double ear infections. The rest of us started coming down with it over the weekend. 16 yo dd has been to the clinic twice since Saturday. Also covid negative, and strep negative. Just a nasty daycare cold virus.

Anyhow...I haven't been hungry at all. I basically made smoothies tonight for anyone who wanted one, and then I made some peanut butter toast on gf bread (note to self...even though my peanut allergy is mild, I should probably not indulge in that when I am sick - I could feel it in my throat and it made me cough). :crazy2 I have almond butter...I should have used that instead.

twoplustwo 12-07-2021 03:33 AM

Last night was Stir Fry. tonight is white sauce pasta with side of zuchhini. steaks and sushi. Dh is making steaks and Brussel sprouts.

ECingMama 12-07-2021 12:15 PM

We had Charla's potato soup on Sunday and Chicken Noodle with Turkey last night. ;)

graciousmomma 12-07-2021 08:42 PM

We had Sam's Club rotisserie chicken.

ViolaMum 12-10-2021 05:54 AM

Last night we had mini peppers stuffed with homemade chicken-ricotta sausage (well, really meatball mix) cooked in homemade marinara in the Crockpot, as per Oldest's request. Littlest picked all the meat out of the peppers and ate that, but then she had copious amounts of raw green peppers on the side. :giggle

Not sure about tonight.

charla 12-10-2021 09:06 AM

Wednesday we had sauteed chicken breasts, Parmesan grits, sauteed zucchini, marinara sauce, blue cheese green salad. Thursday we had taco burgers (no buns), potatoes ole, and stuffed jalapeno peppers. Tonight I'm planning gf homemade pizza.