Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public* > Technical Corner (Electronics, Computers, Websites (like Facebook), Etc.) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Old 04-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
StumblinMama
Deactivated

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life. Ps 13:12 NLT

StumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond repute
Default TapaTalk...convince me!

I'm such a cheapskate Convince me of my need to pay $2.99 for this app?

StumblinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StumblinMama For This Useful Post:
princesspoet (05-26-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
shaslove
Rose Garden

shaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TapaTalk...convince me!

So much easier to read. And pics are easier on it too.
Mom by adoption to Lina, my 11-yr-old w/sensory issues
and, after 4 years, 2 months, and 20 days of infertility,
birth mom to 2-yr-old Baby Bird
We are a DF, GF, dye-free Jesus loving family!
PM me for help or encouragement with infertility issues.

shaslove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
StumblinMama
Deactivated

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life. Ps 13:12 NLT

StumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond repute

Details! I need details!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
shaslove
Rose Garden

shaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond repute

The pictures show up in a way they are not too big/not too small. The writing is simlar to a book-bigger/better on the eyes. There is no 30 sec limit on posting or looking at new posts. When you go to a thread you have read before, it automatically goes to the first unread post.

That help?
Mom by adoption to Lina, my 11-yr-old w/sensory issues
and, after 4 years, 2 months, and 20 days of infertility,
birth mom to 2-yr-old Baby Bird
We are a DF, GF, dye-free Jesus loving family!
PM me for help or encouragement with infertility issues.

shaslove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shaslove For This Useful Post:
delightedmama (12-08-2012), flowermama (05-01-2012), NovelMama (05-03-2012), PDX Mommy (05-25-2012), prov31craftymom (08-29-2012), purstrength (05-03-2012), StumblinMama (04-30-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #5
flowermama
Owner/Founder of GCM
Administrator

Run with endurance the race that is set before you. . . Heb. 12:1

flowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I like is that you can set it so that you get notifications on your phone of new PM's and/or of new replies to threads you are subscribed to. You can set it so that you don't get notifications during certain hours, too, which is nice if you don't want to get a notice in the middle of the night, etc.

You can use it for other message boards, too, that have tapatalk (like Mothering's message board, for instance).

Vegan mom to my vegan kiddos DD1 (24), DS1 (21), DD2 (18), and DS2 (15)
And wife to my gentle DH for 26 years and counting

Instagram: gentleveganrunner
gentlechristianmothers
flowermama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flowermama For This Useful Post:
PDX Mommy (05-25-2012), purstrength (05-03-2012), shaslove (04-30-2012), StumblinMama (04-30-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #6
StumblinMama
Deactivated

Say no more! That's the kind of info I needed
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StumblinMama For This Useful Post:
flowermama (05-01-2012), newday (07-31-2013), shaslove (04-30-2012)
Old 05-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #7
cro
Rose Garden

cro has a reputation beyond reputecro has a reputation beyond reputecro has a reputation beyond reputecro has a reputation beyond reputecro has a reputation beyond reputecro has a reputation beyond reputecro has a reputation beyond reputecro has a reputation beyond reputecro has a reputation beyond reputecro has a reputation beyond reputecro has a reputation beyond repute

I see that there are different color options for tapatalk. Do these work the same as the original?
E ~ born in America 12/08/08; natural bio miracle
cro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #8
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you I have beed wondering as well. I still don't know if I want to get it.

Can any one tell me how up loading pics works with it?
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #9
flowermama
Owner/Founder of GCM
Administrator

flowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond repute

It's easy to post a pic From your phone. You just press reply and click on the camera icon and choose the picture you want and tapatalk hosts the picture. These are from my phone.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Not great pictures, but they give you an idea.

Oh, also, I haven't tried it, but someone said that uploading a new avatar is really easy.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cro View Post
I see that there are different color options for tapatalk. Do these work the same as the original?
The tapatalk dark looks the same only it's black with white writing.

The other options, I think, all cost, so I haven't tried them.

gentlechristianmothers
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flowermama For This Useful Post:
cro (05-03-2012), hey mommy (05-24-2012), StumblinMama (05-04-2012)
Old 05-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #10
GentleMomof4
Rose Trellis

My sweet C turns 19 this year!!

GentleMomof4 has a reputation beyond reputeGentleMomof4 has a reputation beyond reputeGentleMomof4 has a reputation beyond reputeGentleMomof4 has a reputation beyond reputeGentleMomof4 has a reputation beyond reputeGentleMomof4 has a reputation beyond reputeGentleMomof4 has a reputation beyond reputeGentleMomof4 has a reputation beyond reputeGentleMomof4 has a reputation beyond reputeGentleMomof4 has a reputation beyond reputeGentleMomof4 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaslove View Post
The pictures show up in a way they are not too big/not too small. The writing is simlar to a book-bigger/better on the eyes. There is no 30 sec limit on posting or looking at new posts. When you go to a thread you have read before, it automatically goes to the first unread post.

That help?
Mine doesn't go to the first unread post. It goes up the last post on threads I'm
Subscribed to. Am I doing something wrong?
Here's my pros/cons:
PROS
Easy to post photos and change avi
Can see other peoples Avi's
Easier to read

CONS
Can't see signatures
No User CP option (but if someone can help me figure this out I'll move it to pros.)
Can't see smilies
Can't "pray" for posts

Gosh, I had more but I can't think right now. I'll come back later. Basically I only use it to upload photos.
Holder of The Chalice of Reading Endurance
GentleMomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #11
cindergretta
Deactivated

My miracle blessing who brings tears to my eyes!

cindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond repute

So, if you have this app, do you use GCM in "mobile" mode?

It sounds like I would be better off using the "regular" mode for general GCM'ing and only use Tapatalk for pictures.
cindergretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #12
flowermama
Owner/Founder of GCM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindergretta View Post
No, ... I don't think it matters what skin you are using and that it looks the same for each of them. I guess you could kind of think of it as kind of a "tapatalk mobile" skin.

Quote:
It sounds like I would be better off using the "regular" mode for general GCM'ing and only use Tapatalk for pictures.
I personally find it easier to read posts and such using tapatalk. It's so easy to check the board. I just click on the tapatalk icon and go the list of message boards I look at using tapatalk and click on this one and here I am.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

To be honest, though, I hate typing using a phone, so I'm not very experienced.

gentlechristianmothers
The Following User Says Thank You to flowermama For This Useful Post:
cindergretta (05-03-2012)
Old 05-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #13
cindergretta
Deactivated

My miracle blessing who brings tears to my eyes!

cindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond reputecindergretta has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't have it and was guessing. I went ahead and downloaded and can see how it works. I want to try a picture just to try it. (That would have been so handy when I was trying to post bfp pics. )
cindergretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #14
GentleMomof4
Rose Trellis

My sweet C turns 19 this year!!

GentleMomof4 has a reputation beyond reputeGentleMomof4 has a reputation beyond reputeGentleMomof4 has a reputation beyond reputeGentleMomof4 has a reputation beyond reputeGentleMomof4 has a reputation beyond reputeGentleMomof4 has a reputation beyond reputeGentleMomof4 has a reputation beyond reputeGentleMomof4 has a reputation beyond reputeGentleMomof4 has a reputation beyond reputeGentleMomof4 has a reputation beyond reputeGentleMomof4 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindergretta View Post

Do you mean on GCM? I don't use the mobile skin cause I don't like it.
Holder of The Chalice of Reading Endurance
GentleMomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #15
pastelsummer
Rose Garden

I am where I am only by the Grace of GOD

pastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond repute

Just dl the app so we will see

sent from mobile phone
"Bubba" 3/09
"Princess" 9/11
read about *some content may be sensitive*
my life
My Poetry
I am not the princess in the tower, I have slayed my own dragons. I am the queen of my country leading the way.
If you want me you need to walk beside me not in front of me or behind me.
pastelsummer is offline   Reply With Quote