Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public* > Technical Corner (Electronics, Computers, Websites (like Facebook), Etc.) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
mipennsn
Rose Garden

mipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Favorite Apps for iPod touch, iPhone, iPad

Since there is a discussion going on right now about which to get and since some got some for Christmas. What are your favorite apps?

I have an iPhone 3GS. Mine are

Evernote
- they advertise it as your external brain. I am starting to keep more and more in there. Right now I have knitting patterns, recipes, medication lists, packing lists in there. It is a free app and service unless you choose to go premium. Right now I am free user.

Olive Tree Bible Reader - they just updated to 5.0 and not all versions are updated to it yet in the App Store. This does cost a little bit, but then you can pretty much expect to pay for any version than KJV. I have found that it is cheaper to buy their Bibles through iTunes than their site. You can get all your Bibles into one app by creating an Olive Tree Account. You can also save your notes to Evernote.

Kindle for iphone
- love, love, love It has a dictionary which I use a fair amount. You can find books for free and if you use Swagbucks you can get Amazon gift cards to get free books.

Stanza - I haven't used as much, but you can also you it for ebook reader, if you don't just want to get your books from Amazon.

iMDB - movie, TV database. I use it to look up actors and actresses when I am going "What show to I know that person from?"

Those are the practical ones I can think of off the top of my head. I could start another thread about games. I spend way too much time playing games.
My GIRL H who is 7!

Full time mommy and breadwinner for my family

mipennsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:16 AM   #2
StumblinMama
Deactivated

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life. Ps 13:12 NLT

StumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond reputeStumblinMama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favorite Apps for iPod touch, iPhone, iPad

I don't have one yet, so I can't answer the OP. Here's a
StumblinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:46 AM   #3
Psyche
Rose Garden

Srsly?

Psyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond repute

Angry birds

Local news apps, BBC for international news

Weather bug

working full time, wife to Jason since '02, mom to C 12 years old, J 9 years old , and T 6 years old , mouse catching, Izzy, and rabbit chasing, Ellie.
Psyche is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psyche For This Useful Post:
Eowyn (01-19-2011), Six Little Feet (08-28-2011)
Old 12-30-2010, 06:48 AM   #4
NovelMama
Rose Garden

Our sweet family, 2017

NovelMama has a reputation beyond reputeNovelMama has a reputation beyond reputeNovelMama has a reputation beyond reputeNovelMama has a reputation beyond reputeNovelMama has a reputation beyond reputeNovelMama has a reputation beyond reputeNovelMama has a reputation beyond reputeNovelMama has a reputation beyond reputeNovelMama has a reputation beyond reputeNovelMama has a reputation beyond reputeNovelMama has a reputation beyond repute

Angry birds, cover orange, cut the rope
Inspirational Women's Fiction author
Children's storybook author
Homeschool coach
NovelMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:57 AM   #5
JessicaTX
Rose Garden

JessicaTX has a reputation beyond reputeJessicaTX has a reputation beyond reputeJessicaTX has a reputation beyond reputeJessicaTX has a reputation beyond reputeJessicaTX has a reputation beyond reputeJessicaTX has a reputation beyond reputeJessicaTX has a reputation beyond reputeJessicaTX has a reputation beyond reputeJessicaTX has a reputation beyond reputeJessicaTX has a reputation beyond reputeJessicaTX has a reputation beyond repute

Battery Magic tells me how much battery life I have left and how much time it will take to recharge. I use the heck out of that
FMC is a free menstrual calendar

Most of the rest of the apps i use regularly are games =)
JessicaTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:08 AM   #6
ProudMommaof2
Rose Trellis

ProudMommaof2 is a jewel in the roughProudMommaof2 is a jewel in the roughProudMommaof2 is a jewel in the roughProudMommaof2 is a jewel in the rough

My friend just helped me get one the other day called GeoQpons. You put in your zip code and it will pull up any deals at thousands of stores near you, and you just show the retailer your iPhone with the deal pulled up and they put in the code and give you your discount. I did it at Bath and Body Works the other day and got two free travel sized items and 20% off my purchase that I would not have gotten if my friend hadn't told me about the app.
Momma to my sonshine, Bug since August 2003
Momma to my little ladybug, Sweet Pea since June 2006

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1078967781

my blog http://oneladybugsjourney.blogspot.com
ProudMommaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ProudMommaof2 For This Useful Post:
domesticzookeeper (02-26-2011), krysmh (01-19-2011), shaslove (01-19-2011)
Old 12-30-2010, 07:14 AM   #7
gardenfreshmama
Rose Garden

Through my daughter's eyes...

gardenfreshmama has a reputation beyond reputegardenfreshmama has a reputation beyond reputegardenfreshmama has a reputation beyond reputegardenfreshmama has a reputation beyond reputegardenfreshmama has a reputation beyond reputegardenfreshmama has a reputation beyond reputegardenfreshmama has a reputation beyond reputegardenfreshmama has a reputation beyond reputegardenfreshmama has a reputation beyond reputegardenfreshmama has a reputation beyond reputegardenfreshmama has a reputation beyond repute

subbing. We also like Angry Birds Words with friends (Scrabble), a couple toddler games, Doodle jump, ummmm apparently I can't think of anything that is actually useful on there...

I'm an INFP and I'm going to save the world! Well... maybe tomorrow. After I get some alone time and a cup of coffee... or maybe after ANNABEL (6.25), ASHER (3.5), and EMMELINE (1) are in school... once DEREK gets his culinary school loans paid off...
gardenfreshmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:22 AM   #8
Lady TS
Rose Garden

Wish I was there!

Lady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond repute

is it the iPod that has the UPC code thing where you can scan in the store and find the best price? or was that on a different gadget?
and Avery, with the Lord September 2010

In essentials, Unity
In non-essentials, Liberty
In all things, Charity

My Blogs: Living Healthy in the Modern World and Wordy Musings
Lady TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:23 AM   #9
mipennsn
Rose Garden

mipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond repute

Dh and I just discovered angry birds. Addicting!!!!
My GIRL H who is 7!

Full time mommy and breadwinner for my family

mipennsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:32 AM   #10
macksmom
Rose Blossom

macksmom will become famous soon enoughmacksmom will become famous soon enough

For games we play: Angry Birds & Cut the rope are super addicting alsoTrain Conductor, Harbor Master, & Sudoku & the Donut Games stuff (Sunday Lawn, Jungle Crash, Traffic Rush, Cat Physics, et)
I use Mobile RSS to keep up w/ blogs I follow, Facebook, IP (IPeriod) for menstrual/fertility stuff, Awesome Note (to keep track of my life), iPlant & Remedies (for herbal stuff), ESV Bible,
Kids stuff: (Books) First Bible, Duck in the Truck, Captain Duck, Fix it Duck, BlueBeary, Breezy, Olaf's Door, Peter Pan, The Smelly Sprout, Jingle, Close My Eyes, PopOut Santa, Jack and the Beanstalk.
Kids Games: I Hear Ewe, ABC Monsters, Matching Zoo, Build a Robot, LilRedSled, MacDonald, Simon Says, Cupcakes,

Wife to Stephen since 9/2000
Gently mothering Mack since 5/2007
9/17/2010
TTC # 2

Full-timing RV living
macksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #11
Psyche
Rose Garden

Srsly?

Psyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond repute

I like discovery news and wiki as well.

working full time, wife to Jason since '02, mom to C 12 years old, J 9 years old , and T 6 years old , mouse catching, Izzy, and rabbit chasing, Ellie.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:52 AM   #12
L-Boogie
Rose Trellis

L-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond repute

I just got an iPhone 3 hand-me-down!!! So, happily
11/06 2/10 8/13
L-Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #13
inesperada
Rose Garden

Play nice, y'all.

inesperada has disabled reputation

All games are awesomer on iPad. General apps, too. Favorites on iPad:

Games: Angry Birds HD, Medieval, Risk HD, SimCity HD, Compression, Cut the Rope
Non-Games: Weather Channel, USA Today, Facebook, Twitter, Netflix (in the US), Imdb

iTouch:

Games: Sudoku, Words with Friends, Word Warp, LineUp, DoodleKart, Whacksy Taxi
Non-Games: Facebook, Twitter, Conversions.....there are a lot more, but I'd have to look.

Wife of mi medianaranja, the tender-hearted servant, whose still waters run deep
Abbott, intensely 10
Hooch, SIX!
Our God is the God of the unexpected. ~Bill Crowder
inesperada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:21 PM   #14
HomeyT
Rose Trellis

HomeyT has a reputation beyond reputeHomeyT has a reputation beyond reputeHomeyT has a reputation beyond reputeHomeyT has a reputation beyond reputeHomeyT has a reputation beyond reputeHomeyT has a reputation beyond reputeHomeyT has a reputation beyond reputeHomeyT has a reputation beyond reputeHomeyT has a reputation beyond reputeHomeyT has a reputation beyond reputeHomeyT has a reputation beyond repute

giving this thread a little revival
just charging my touch right now...and need some apps!

anyone have a fave yoga app??

fave financial app...one that tracks your finances?
Old 01-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #15
Psyche
Rose Garden

Srsly?

adding

Pandora
Netflix
Starbucks
Google Earth
Reason
Oven Break