Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 03-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
NoodleMom
Deactivated

NoodleMom is a jewel in the roughNoodleMom is a jewel in the roughNoodleMom is a jewel in the roughNoodleMom is a jewel in the rough
Default Household Planners-----Help Me Brainstorm!!!! Updated with pictures

Now that I have a bill planner, I would like to now put together a household planner book with sections for say kids chores, projects I want to do. Maybe schedules,I am really not sure what else to put in there.
I need Ideas. Please help me brainstorm this and help me put together something.

K

Here are the pictures I promised a looong time ago.

NoodleMom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NoodleMom For This Useful Post:
LadybugSam (01-05-2010)
Old 03-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #2
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Household Planners-----Help Me Brainstorm!!!!

I'm certainly no household planner expert although I've tried in the last few weeks to pull one together for myself. Here are the sections I have and what's in them:

Housekeeping Section
Housekeeping weekly schedule
A calendar
To do Lists
A list of things I tend to procrastinate on doing
Long-term projects
My declutter/organization list that I'm still working on from the HHBC
Chore chart for each child (I keep them in a plastic sleeve so we just x stuff with a marker and then wipe it off for the next week
Children's Bedtime routine chart
My natural cleaner recipes
A Packing list for trips

Weekly Menu and Recipes
My menu and grocery list for the current week
Recipes in a plastic sleeve that I'll use for the week
A meal planning sheet that lists common meals I make by type of protein

Shopping Lists
A new grocery list so I can write down things as I think of them for the next week's grocery shopping - at the end of the current week, I add my menu to this and fill out the grocery list accordingly and move it up to the weekly menu and recipes section (if that makes sense )
A grocery list for bulk food store
A generic list for other stores - right now I have listed some stuff I need to get at Lowes

Parenting
A list of GBD parenting tools - since I seem to need a reminder
The five steps listed out - since I still need more practice
An inspirational parenting quote to keep me motivated

Other things I've thought of adding are to incorporate my homeschooling records in with this binder instead of separately, maybe some emergency numbers, gift idea lists for the year.

I've gotten a lot of info from this website: http://tipnut.com/make-a-household-o...k-buncha-links

I guess I still consider my a work in progress. I'm still finding out what works and what doesn't. It has helped my stress though to have everything together.
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
NoodleMom
Deactivated

NoodleMom is a jewel in the roughNoodleMom is a jewel in the roughNoodleMom is a jewel in the roughNoodleMom is a jewel in the rough

oohhh lots and lots. I will keep my brain busy this weekend.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #4
NoodleMom
Deactivated

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING INTO ooopps sorry no yelling I forgot I have been looking at a few different Household planner/journals/notebook sites, the main one being tipnut. I am getting a lot of good ideas. I have already started our Big Cleaning Day Schedule which is Sunday afternoons. The children each have a room or an area to clean. It is a deep clean. I was starting it today but we couldnt do it because all of our rags have disappeared and I all of our cleaning stuff is gone. Needl;ess to say no Big Cleaning took place today.

I talked with HubbyMan about the cleaning supplies and reintroduced the idea of using vinegar to clean. We used to use vinegar but for some reason started buying lysol. Anyway bottom line I get to buy vinegar for cleaning.

What do you all use for cleaning? How about scrubbing like a bathtub ring? We have been using scrubbing bubbles and Id like to get away from that. How about mirrors?

Chime in Girls this old lady needs help.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #5
LadybugSam
Deactivated

ladybug, ladybug fly away home

LadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond repute

Baking Soda is good for scrubbing You can make a paste with it and it does a great job.

oh in my planner, i also keep all of my important documents like our birth certificates etc. because otherwise i lose them
LadybugSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #6
Herbwifemama
Deactivated

dd running through the sprinkler last summer

Herbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant future

Herbwifemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:55 AM   #7
mommylove
Rose Garden

mommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodleMom

What do you all use for cleaning? How about scrubbing like a bathtub ring? We have been using scrubbing bubbles and Id like to get away from that. How about mirrors?

Scrubbing is done with baking soda, washing soda or borax . . . whichever is handy at the moment and a scratchy pad or brush.

Mirrors are done with water & a microfiber cloth.

I keep a spray bottle with water, vinegar & TTO as an all-purpose cleaner. It works beautifully on windows (inside & out!) with a microfiber cloth & also works well on mirrors. The proportions are something like 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water & many drops of TTO. I'm not in love with the smell, so I don't use it on everything all at once.

What an interesting idea on the household planner . . . I've never thought to put that stuff anywhere but in my head. I'd probably free up some space if I did.

mommylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:05 AM   #8
NoodleMom
Deactivated

Im giggling at your last line mommylove.
I am making this household notebook for two reasons. The first is so that my poor brain wont have to remember everything and become so taxed. The second is when I have it done I can direct Hubbyman and kids to it when I am having severe brain fog/mental clarity issues

K
Old 03-11-2009, 05:04 PM   #9
Herbwifemama
Deactivated

Herbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant future

I love your post charla!

I'd also add a section for gardening, and one for emergency preparedness, for myself. I hadn't thought to add a parenting section, but since parenting so often befuddles me, it would be great to add a "parenting toolbox" section so I remember the tools I've learned over the years, and add to it when I learn new helpful things, and look over it every so often so I don't forget.

I'd love to hear from more people...
Old 03-11-2009, 05:38 PM   #10
NoodleMom
Deactivated

There are too many printable charts out there. I cant choose.
Do you have one that you like more than the others?
What is a microfiber cloth?

K
Old 03-11-2009, 06:00 PM   #11
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:53 PM   #12
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There are too many printable charts out there. I cant choose.
Do you have one that you like more than the others?
I ended up making my own charts/pages on my computer using Microsoft Publisher using the printable charts as a guide. I put some clip art flowers that I just absolutely love on each chart or page because they make me smile and hopefully will keep me motivated. I think you should choose something that works for you and that makes you happy and motivated to look at it. If you didn't want to make your own, yet want them to be more your own, you could customize them in any way maybe with stickers or gluing on pictures or quotes that motivate you.

I've been thinking more about sections I'd like to add that I hadn't thought of before. I'd like to make out a page of family/friends' birthdays and anniversaries 'cause I'm notorious for forgetting those. Maybe a medical section with a page for each person's medical history, medications, allergies, etc. I know, I know, I should of done that a long time ago. I'd also like to gather up Bible verses that are encouraging to me and put them all on one page that I can refer to when I need a lift maybe with a different pretty font and color for each one. I'm also thinking about a gardening and emergency preparedness section now that Herbwifemama mentioned it.
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #13
Herbwifemama
Deactivated

Ok, keep in mind that my notebook is purely theoretical at this point.

This is what I have:
Menu Plan/Shopping List
Cleaning Schedule/Children's Chore Charts (I may skip this part of the notebook, and make it a posterboard)
Weekly Homeschooling Plan (or monthly? HSing moms, how often do you do planning? I'm such a newbie! (also a nature notebook)
Budget (Oh, I'd rather not think about it at all. Blah.)
Monthly Calendar (probably this will go in the front)
Daily Planner (maybe separate?)
Emergency Preparedness
Parenting Toolbox (THANK you for this idea!! )
Daily schedule/routine (which one is it )
Medical History- I like that idea!!
Providence list
Old 03-11-2009, 11:22 PM   #14
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Chime in Girls this old lady needs help.
Throw out your bar soaps!!! Use shampoo and/or shower gel for washing in the tub and shower and you won't get soap scum. I use diluted vinegar for just about everything. I put about, oh, 1/4 cup of white vinegar in a spray bottle and fill w/ water. I use that for glass, the counters, the tub/shower, the stove, spot-cleaning the floor, windows, everything. I also buy Bon Ami (chlorine-free cleanser) for the sink and when I want to really scour the range, and Earth Friendly Products furniture polish. And don't forget microfiber cloths, they really work.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:54 AM   #15
NoodleMom
Deactivated

What is a microfiber cloth?