Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public* > Gardening *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Gardening *Public* A public forum.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:58 AM   #1
DeenyB
Climbing Rose

DeenyB is on a distinguished road
Default Bugs are eating my Green bean leaves...

Has anyone put something on green beans to stop these bugs from eating the leaves.
We wont put any chemicals on them. I have never had this issue!
Thanks in advance!
Old 05-24-2007, 10:46 AM   #2
Close2MyHeart
Deactivated

Close2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bugs are eating my Green bean leaves...

I've never used anything. Am interested tho... I hope you find something.
Close2MyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:05 AM   #3
Peaceful Meadows
Rose Garden

"Dancing in the gentle spring breeze...Her individuality adding majestic beauty to Godís canvas"

Peaceful Meadows has a reputation beyond reputePeaceful Meadows has a reputation beyond reputePeaceful Meadows has a reputation beyond reputePeaceful Meadows has a reputation beyond reputePeaceful Meadows has a reputation beyond reputePeaceful Meadows has a reputation beyond reputePeaceful Meadows has a reputation beyond reputePeaceful Meadows has a reputation beyond reputePeaceful Meadows has a reputation beyond reputePeaceful Meadows has a reputation beyond reputePeaceful Meadows has a reputation beyond repute

I have a natural spray recipe that my mom gave me. I'll look it up in the AM. Please PM me if I don't post back here.

Sitting in the light
surrounded by her grateful children
strong
wise
powerful
a princess
daughter
of the
King of kings
loved and
admired by
her children and true friends;
sheís a victorious survivor!

The last verse of Victorious Survivor (one of my poems)

The Dance of Life (My poetry blog)
Peaceful Meadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:05 AM   #4
Dove*
Rose Bush

Dove* has disabled reputation

Have you seen the bugs? I know snails around here come out at night and try to devour my bean plants! I have to go out each night and pick them off by hand. As for bugs, I read in my organic gardening book that many times if you are diligent several times a day for a few days to spray the bugs off with your garden hose, they eventually give up and leave. It worked for my tomato plants. It's worth a try anyways.
and easy going baby girl Scout (2008)
Dove* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:14 AM   #5
summertimeshine
Rose Trellis

summertimeshine is a name known to allsummertimeshine is a name known to allsummertimeshine is a name known to allsummertimeshine is a name known to allsummertimeshine is a name known to allsummertimeshine is a name known to allsummertimeshine is a name known to all

You can mix up a watercan of water and 2-4 Tablespoons of dish soap. Pour the mix over the plants and any bugs should flee...

Slugs and Snails also leave holes in bean leaves. For this we leave a small amount of beer in a short container...the slugs are attracted to the sugar...crawl in and drown. Make sure you put it in a container you can though away

My Dh is my
Loving our son born in July 2010

ttc #2

Always remembering the babies we never met but will someday.
summertimeshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:34 PM   #6
Littledisciples
Rose Garden

On our way to Healthy

Littledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond repute

I have this problem too. I still got good beans comming though so I haven't worried about it too much.However now I know that is a good trick. Thanks
Littledisciples is offline   Reply With Quote