Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 03-22-2005, 07:30 AM   #1
Danette

Default Yeast infections

I keep getting one after another. I've been taking acidopholis (sp?), keeping dry, wearing cotton panties etc... but it's not kicking it. Diflucan works well but it just comes back 6 weeks later. I'm pretty sure it's due to hormones..... any suggestions. I'm tried of this.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:20 AM   #2
wuzzie

Default Re: Yeast infections

How is your sugar intake? When I eat more than I should I almost always get one. Also, don't use any soap down there. I know it sounds grow, but it's like your eye. It's a mucus membrane and soap messes with your ph levels. Just rinse carefully with water.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:25 AM   #3
righteous mama
Rose Garden

righteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond repute

Well, there is a product I think by Solaray called Grapefruit Seed Extract - Yeast Fighting Formula. I don't know if you can get your hands on one, but it works pretty good. I would definitely try it! (I keep one in my fridge at all times!)
mama to farmer girl (21) princess lionheart (16), and dandelion queen (11)

~infp~

Our God is Healer, Awesome in Power!
righteous mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:01 PM   #4
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Danette will pm you some info!

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:46 PM   #5
Danette

Quote:
How is your sugar intake?
Don't ask me that! I've taken all the advice I can get my hands on except cutting back on sugar. :P Alright.... I'm miserable enough to try.

Marcella is this the product you recommend?? Solary
Old 03-23-2005, 07:08 AM   #6
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

There is also a homeopathic remedy called "yeast away" by Boiron that has been awesome for me. I had CRONIC yeast infections and this helped. But it took 2 times (2 7 day treatments). AND TBH, I still got a yeast infection every once in a while until I started drinking kefir which is similar to yogurt but liquid and not heated so has even more acidophilous and good bacteria.

Here is a website that tells about a lot of different natural remedies

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 03:08 PM   #7
findingjoy

You might want to try an anti-yeast diet. I did Feast Without Yeast (it's a book), but there are others. I also have used Grapefruit Seed Extract (orally) and Kyolic garlic capsules. I had more of a systemic yeast problem, but if you are having recurring infections you might too. It's so hard to get rid of!
Old 03-26-2005, 11:32 PM   #8
ACboysmom

I looked up natural home remedies for yeast infections on google. Got the idea to use plain yogurt that has the live cultures. It is working!!!!! 38 cents. No co-pay. no insurance filing. No waiting at the doctor's office. No yukky allergic reaction to the meds they usually prescribe for me. Doesn't affect my bf of ds. They also talk about a couple of other remedies tea tree oil and maybe another one. Let me see if I can find the link.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:37 PM   #9
ACboysmom

Did not find the link I wanted, but here is one to information about Feast without Yeast. My sister has done great with this book and his suggestions. The foods and recipes are really good. to find the home remedies, a google search came up with them pretty quickly. Blessings! I know it can be frustrating!!!

http://www.nutritioninstitute.com/fwy.html
Old 03-29-2005, 03:06 AM   #10
Danette

Thank you all for your advice. It is very much appreciated. I think I've been treated by the dr. so much the past few months trying to get rid of this infection that I've destoryed my natural flora. I'm not sure how to get it back to normal and my body doesn't know how to respond now without the meds. I'm so frustrated. I'm deffinitly going to try some more natural things now to see if it will bring me back to normal.

Another thing I noticed is that I get the infection, I take the medicine, I feel better then I start being intimate with my dh again and the infection comes back and intensifies before my period. My Dr. keeps telling me that yeast or bactieria are not sexually transmitted but I can't help but wonder if maybe she is wrong. :/
Old 03-29-2005, 01:23 PM   #11
findingjoy

I thought I read one time that it could be sexually transmitted and that both partners may need to be treated. I can't remember where I read that though. You might try some different probiotics to help restore the good bacteria. I have tried several and could not tell a big difference between them, but my mil really likes ThreeLac. I have used it too. Kind of expensive, but is supposed to be very powerful and good for Candida. http://www.candidafree.net/pages/1/index.htm
Old 03-30-2005, 08:03 AM   #12
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

That is true.

You can eliminate it, only to have your dh carry it and keep reinfecting you. I think that generally a man is symptom free is he has yeast so he may never know.

You might want to get your dh to take acidolpholus too...
Old 03-30-2005, 02:41 PM   #13
ACboysmom

Update: YOGURT NOT WORKING. Had to resort to medical treatment this morning.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:44 AM   #14
blessedmama21

my mom has said she and my dad passed one back and forth on their honeymoon-so I think it is possible.
Also, my midwife just recommended I not use Always pads because that layer that keeps you dry actually holds the moisture up to your skin, possibly causing a yeast infection.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:40 AM   #15
Danette

Interesting about the pads. I use panty liners everyday. Hmmmmmm.

Ya know.... I was reading the thread on the progesterone cream. I have a lot of the low progesterone symptoms. I've put a call in to my dr. I'm going to ask her about it and see what she thinks. I'm having 3 week cycles and I'm pretty sure I'm not ovulating anymore. Plus the yeast infections and a major change in PMS symptoms since the change in my cycle. Hopefully I'll get to the bottom of this soon.