Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 09-21-2014, 02:27 PM   #46
schmamy
Rose Garden

schmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: September's What's For Supper

I was super excited about bruschetta pizza last night with the last tomatoes of the season...but the tomatoes were not good at all. Just totally flavorless even though they *looked* red and wonderful So not sure what I'm going to do tonight because it was supposed to be BLT wraps, and given these crappy tomatoes that would be sort of pointless. Alas.
DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9
schmamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:06 PM   #47
Carini
Rose Trellis
I support GCM!

If you don't stop naming nuts....

Carini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond repute

I set out some ribeye steaks and they weren't thawed.

Went to the local diner.

Is anyone on Plan to Eat? Wanna be friends? I'm Kittybart

ISTJ
Wife to J - 2004
Doops - 10/2010
Sweetie Girl - 7/2014

Carini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:27 PM   #48
titosmommy
Rose Bouquet

titosmommy has a reputation beyond reputetitosmommy has a reputation beyond reputetitosmommy has a reputation beyond reputetitosmommy has a reputation beyond reputetitosmommy has a reputation beyond reputetitosmommy has a reputation beyond reputetitosmommy has a reputation beyond reputetitosmommy has a reputation beyond reputetitosmommy has a reputation beyond reputetitosmommy has a reputation beyond reputetitosmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes and green beans. And everyone liked it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2014, 05:17 PM   #49
MaybeGracie
Moderator in A Twinkle in Our Eyes, Cradled in Our Wombs, Gentle Discipline, Nurturing Our Children, and Let's Talk

MaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond repute

Last night was roasted chicken with mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and carrots, and cheese sauce.

Tonight is various leftovers.

Ezer Kenegdo to Isaac since 2007
Raising Jacob (16), Luke (14), Lily (11), Elizabeth (9), Clara (6), and Emily (3) in the knowledge and love of God

Blogging at The Hippie Housewife about attachment parenting, natural living, life as a Jesus-follower, and more, all tied together through our journey towards a more intentional life.
MaybeGracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:00 PM   #50
gerberadaisy
Rose Trellis

gerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond repute

tonight we are having Sweet, sticky, spicy chicken w/ broccoli & rice.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carini View Post
I set out some ribeye steaks and they weren't thawed.

Went to the local diner.

Is anyone on Plan to Eat? Wanna be friends? I'm Kittybart
I'm on plan to eat. I haven't utilized it nearly the way I should & hubby's wanting to stop it but I'm planning on getting better with it this fall. Planning next weeks meals out already.

I'm Eliasmama

Just so you know, your e-mail address will probably show up in any friend requests you make in case that matters to you.

Last edited by gerberadaisy; 09-22-2014 at 12:03 PM.
gerberadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gerberadaisy For This Useful Post:
Carini (09-22-2014)
Old 09-22-2014, 01:19 PM   #51
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to try my hand at making some sort of chicken lettuce wraps with Asian flavored chicken and water chestnuts and mushrooms served in lettuce with julienned carrot, cucumber, red pepper, bean sprouts, cilantro hopefully with some sort of peanut soy dipping sauce. I'll have rice and asparagus on the side because I don't think the kids will eat the chicken in the lettuce wrap, but we'll see. This is all a huge experiment because I'm taking several different recipes and putting them together into one that I think will be most palatable for my picky eaters.
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
schmamy (09-22-2014)
Old 09-22-2014, 01:58 PM   #52
schmamy
Rose Garden

schmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond repute

sounds yummy! we have a PF Chang's knockoff lettuce wraps recipe that we LOVE--but it's a big pain so I don't make it very often.

we're doing chili and cornbread tonight - both out of the freezer. I love my six-months-ago self
DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9
Old 09-22-2014, 02:35 PM   #53
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Ground beef mixed with instant potatoes and sliced carrots

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
LilacPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:57 PM   #54
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by charla View Post
I'm going to try my hand at making some sort of chicken lettuce wraps with Asian flavored chicken and water chestnuts and mushrooms served in lettuce with julienned carrot, cucumber, red pepper, bean sprouts, cilantro hopefully with some sort of peanut soy dipping sauce. I'll have rice and asparagus on the side because I don't think the kids will eat the chicken in the lettuce wrap, but we'll see. This is all a huge experiment because I'm taking several different recipes and putting them together into one that I think will be most palatable for my picky eaters.
These turned out really good and surprise, surprise, my kids loved them! They do, however, take an inordinate amount of time to prep and cook. I'm glad to finally be out of the kitchen.

ETA: Connie, I know you do a lot of chicken that has been diced up for your meals. Do you have any good tips or tricks to making dicing chicken easier? I hate cutting up raw chicken breasts. They are slippery and very difficult for me to cut. It took me over 10 minutes to dice up four chicken breast tonight. Maybe that's normal?

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save

Last edited by charla; 09-22-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:14 AM   #55
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

I use kitchen shears. It still takes me forever it seems!

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

I use disposable vinyl gloves to hold the chicken while I cut it. The kind that you can find in the first aid section of stores. It's easiest to cut when very cold or partiality frozen also.

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
LilacPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LilacPhoenix For This Useful Post:
charla (09-23-2014)
Old 09-23-2014, 03:07 PM   #56
titosmommy
Rose Bouquet

titosmommy has a reputation beyond reputetitosmommy has a reputation beyond reputetitosmommy has a reputation beyond reputetitosmommy has a reputation beyond reputetitosmommy has a reputation beyond reputetitosmommy has a reputation beyond reputetitosmommy has a reputation beyond reputetitosmommy has a reputation beyond reputetitosmommy has a reputation beyond reputetitosmommy has a reputation beyond reputetitosmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Peach ginger chicken and broccoli

Old 09-23-2014, 05:42 PM   #57
gerberadaisy
Rose Trellis

gerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight I made burrito bowls. They were good but not very filling IMO. Next time I'll add more to the recipe & a larger volume. Hubs had no complaints & thought they were filling but he's just getting his appetite back after illness.

Tomorrow it's going to be a one pot pasta meal with baby bellas & spinach
gerberadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:21 AM   #58
schmamy
Rose Garden

carnitas, tomatillo salsa, black bean ragout and cilantro-lime slaw. friends coming over for dinner. thankfully the salsa and ragout were already made and frozen, and the pork is cooking in the crockpot all day.
DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

Old 09-24-2014, 10:11 AM   #59
charla
Administrator

Grilled cheeseburgers probably with sautéed mushrooms and gouda and fries on the side. I would love to try green chili cheese fries. I'm not really seeing a recipe for it but I'm going to figure something out. I had them in a restaurant several years back and am craving them.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
The Following User Says Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
Rivendell Raven (09-24-2014)
Old 09-24-2014, 11:09 AM   #60
titosmommy
Rose Bouquet

We're having grilled pork chops and veggies in the grill basket.