Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 08-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #46
crunchymum
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

speak softly and carry a big coffee

crunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parasite cleanse--especially for children

i was *just* thinking of this today... dd slept in my room last night and i could hear her grinding her teeth! and i remembered my chiro said that teeth grinding and vivid nightmares are probably parasites...

can someone dummy down the info for me? what's the fastest/easiest way to treat this? my kids unfortunately are very picky with what they eat... but they can be convinced to take some sort of vitamin or something.

birth doula
my waterbirth montage
my etsy!

"i did not want my children to love me because i had been an adequate mother, because i would never be one, this i already knew. i wanted my children to love me for the same reason i want my children themselves to be loved: because we are all irreducible, irreplaceable." -gina bria
crunchymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:09 PM   #47
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation

Cheapest, tasteless, and very effective is diatomaceous earth. You just give them some in cocoa every night. But an initial cleanse should be 90 days.it gets them throughout the body not just in the digestive system.
me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
crunchymum (08-04-2009), homesteadmama (03-19-2010), Soliloquy (05-13-2010)
Old 08-04-2009, 03:11 PM   #48
crunchymum
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

crunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond repute

oh wow, 90 days? so can they take DE for that long without ill effect? and how much to give?

birth doula
my waterbirth montage
my etsy!

"i did not want my children to love me because i had been an adequate mother, because i would never be one, this i already knew. i wanted my children to love me for the same reason i want my children themselves to be loved: because we are all irreducible, irreplaceable." -gina bria
Old 08-04-2009, 03:20 PM   #49
me
Rose Garden

They sure can. And not only no ill effects but positive ones. My hair got so thick and shiny!he-he.
My dds growing pains went away too.
I'm on my phone but the label I saved says www.earthworkshealth.com I think it was wolfe something where I ordered and read up on it. I search might find some old links cause I remember a few others here mentioning it, that's how I decided to go ahead and try it.
90 days does seem long but that to get everything out if one doesn't do some kind of parasite cleanse regularly. After that it doesn't have to be 90 days each time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
crunchymum (08-08-2009), Soliloquy (05-13-2010)
Old 08-04-2009, 04:59 PM   #50
Serafine
Deactivated

Serafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond repute

How much DE per day and is it safe for pregnancy? I am about to click buy.
Serafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:08 PM   #51
me
Rose Garden

Maybe someone else will know? I'm not sure about pregnancy. I think I remember reading its used to deworm pregnant livestock but I couldn't really say. I'd call and ask where you are ordering it from. Same with the amounts. We use anywhere from 1/4 tsp to 2tbs. Just depends on weight and results. It isn't much though cause its usually sold in a huge bag for around 8dollars. I still have tons left!
Old 08-08-2009, 10:54 PM   #52
crunchymum
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

that website says 1 - 2 heaping tablespoons per day. it also says that you don't have to worry about takig too much, your body will get rid of the excess.

i think i'm going to do this, have the whole family do it. we need a cheap. effective way to deal with things.

birth doula
my waterbirth montage
my etsy!

Old 08-27-2009, 01:41 PM   #53
Maggirayne
Rose Garden

Standing for gentleness and honesty

Maggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond repute

The parasites can cause vivid Nightmares? I'd like to know more.

And how do you do a 90 day cleanse? What does that look like?

I'm dealing with yeast issues and second baby with thrush. I know they are related.
Grace is not a destination, it's a journey.
I first learned to show grace to my child that was not shown to me, then I learned to accept it for myself, and only recently have I been able to have grace for others more.
~Sweetpeasmommy
A
Maggirayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:47 AM   #54
crunchymum
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post
The parasites can cause vivid Nightmares? I'd like to know more.

And how do you do a 90 day cleanse? What does that look like?

I'm dealing with yeast issues and second baby with thrush. I know they are related.
my chiropractor said that the parasites are more active at night... and that their "waste" is hallucinogenic in nature.

from what i understand, you take a big spoonful or two of diatomaceous earth every day for 90 days. that's it! obviously, there are other ways to de-parasite, but this is the 90 day thing that we are going to do.

birth doula
my waterbirth montage
my etsy!

Old 08-29-2009, 08:46 AM   #55
Maggirayne
Rose Garden

Maggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond repute

The DE takes care of all kinds and all stages?
I first learned to show grace to my child that was not shown to me, then I learned to accept it for myself, and only recently have I been able to have grace for others more.
~Sweetpeasmommy
A
Old 08-29-2009, 10:39 AM   #56
me
Rose Garden

Yep!that's the beauty of it, even works on things in the bloodstream that other stuff won't do. That's why its so thorough, often taking something that can't do that will drive them elsewhere in the body.
Plus,
When I bought mine they even gave me directions for the whole family. Encluding me, I'm nursing, and even the baby who was around 8 months, I think, at the time. (I gave her some only because I knew we had to do the entire family at the same time. And though I would have never suspected, it cleared her out as well. I was so glad I had treated her along with us. She had been having shaking when just falling asleep as she finished nursing. A google said it was normal according to peds and more natural minded people said parasites. The trembling stopped with her and hasn't returned since)
The Following User Says Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (05-13-2010)
Old 08-30-2009, 07:31 PM   #57
Maggirayne
Rose Garden

How did you give it to her? I guess she was eating solids.
I have a 2 mo.
~Sweetpeasmommy
A
Old 08-31-2009, 05:41 AM   #58
me
Rose Garden

No, she wasn't eating solids then. I would add the de to water, then put it in a medicine dropper. Then squirt in to the side of her mouth like I would if giving her medicine. She eventually started sucking it out on her own in like three gulps and she was done. She liked it!
I don't know how it would all go for a younger baby though.
Soliloquy (05-13-2010)
Old 09-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #59
Maggirayne
Rose Garden

Ah, cool. Well my 2 mo has figured sucking the eyedropper, we're doing probiotics for thrush.

I shared this thread w/my mom, she asked if you could see the parasites in the baby's diaper and asked how the baby got them, do you all have pets?
Thanks for answeing all my questions! :
~Sweetpeasmommy
A
Old 09-01-2009, 08:13 PM   #60
me
Rose Garden

No problem
I feel very strong about this subject when it comes to children. Its something so common yet grossly undiagnosed, plus it can cause so many problems in children that could easily be taken care of.
I don't really care to be thought of as the family that had parasites but its worth it if it means one less child/family, plus I know the truth, everyone has them or is passing them, its just a part of life.people that might think it gross or to couth to cleanse for parasites probably have them, its me that has to worry about them,((chuckle)), since my family now cleanses regularly.

Yes, you can see parasites being expelled because of the consistency of baby poo. With older children and adults it isn't as obvious. It won't look like what your probably thinking of though. Its more color and texture that tells.

We did have pets at the time. But honestly, parasites are everywhere. We could have gotten them anywhere. Tap water, the hotel pool, a door, the kids playing with other kids, our neighbors draining their pool through their yard into ours (they had dogs), a restaurant (I remember all of us being sick/vomiting after eating at potbelly). A common misconception is that you know when you have parasites. Most people don't know because they don't have any symptoms or if they do it isn't bothersome enough. And those that don't have any (which is a small percentage) is because they deworm regularly or their diet/digestive system allows their body to eliminate them quickly (again, very small percentage for the average american diet/medication, its rare to hear of someone having a bowel movement after each and every meal).

The only reason I knew we needed to do something was because I was pregnant at the very beginning. My stomach didn't feel right and I kept complaining. Finally a nurse recognized my symptoms cause she had had a parasite in college. So we took meds and a lot of things I thought unrelated with the kids stopped, but they would return when we finished a round. After the second round I started looking into natural remedies but I was pregnant at the time, which led me to silicas. Then after I had the baby and my stomach was weakened by antibiotics, we got thrush, and I recognized the unrelated symptoms starting to come back again and figured we weren't being able to get rid of things we might be comming across once again. I started researching de because now I was nursing and needed to find something I could take as well as give to a baby. Its been literally priceless.
Soliloquy (05-13-2010)