Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Gentle Discipline *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Gentle Discipline *Public* A public forum.
GCM Webpage: Gentle Discipline

Old 07-28-2008, 04:37 AM   #1
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute
Default ETLDTD -- Week 5, day 1 7/28/8

Attitude shift: harnessing the power of love
Reason: to see the best in one another
Discipline skill: positive intent
Discipline value: coopeartion

Reading -- read p 265 to 266

Check the Weekly reading
Challenge - p 265 to 266
Intro to Power of love p 35-37
Intro to skill of positive intent - p 59
Chapter on positive intent CHapter 7, p 143 to 163

After doing the reading for the challenge what are today's goals?
Thoughts on the week/ last week?

I can't believe it's week 5

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:47 AM   #2
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ETLDTD -- Week 5, day 1 7/28/8

I am *so so* at positive intent. Sometimes I can't imagine what could have caused my child to hit another one and I stand there like this I think my goal is to work on this, and to apply last weeks goals. ALso, I am behind on reading so I want to catch up.

Our weekend went great. It was VERY busy and I was gone a lot and dh and the kids had a good time when they made it to my race. I am so thankful to have the dh I do. He is absolutely amazing. When I thanked him last night, he llaughed and said "I do not babysit or watch my children. They are my children too. It's called parenting" But I thanked him for parenting almost entirely alone this weekend for my triathalon.

The kids were VERY clingy last night to me and I am ready for that again today. They aren't used to me being gone so much. I was gone friday night, went to bed before everyone saturday, and gone when they got up sunday. A lot of our time during bedtime and morning routine is spent connecting and it was kind of overwhelming yesterday how much of me they needed but I managed to do a little with each child. However, last night when it came time for me to snuggle up for reading time, I felt suddenly sick to my stomach from fatigue and needed to skip it The kids were great about it as they were exhausted too and went straight to sleep. I am just glad we survived this with some measure of our insanity intact. And we did it with grace - few fits, fights and losses of composure. I am mentally prepared for the aftermath of a busy time we have done it well and we've had rough days in the past. I am praying it's a good one

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
Old 07-28-2008, 07:19 AM   #3
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

subbing

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:34 AM   #4
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Since no one is replying, I'm just making a reading assignment and not a new thread

Intro to power of love p 35 to 37

Hope everyone is doing well

Old 07-29-2008, 08:29 AM   #5
MamaMansa
Deactivated

MamaMansa is a name known to allMamaMansa is a name known to allMamaMansa is a name known to allMamaMansa is a name known to allMamaMansa is a name known to allMamaMansa is a name known to allMamaMansa is a name known to all

I'm here.

We went to Six Flags yesterday. I need to catch up on the reading.
MamaMansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:33 AM   #6
MamaMansa
Deactivated

MamaMansa is a name known to allMamaMansa is a name known to allMamaMansa is a name known to allMamaMansa is a name known to allMamaMansa is a name known to allMamaMansa is a name known to allMamaMansa is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama
I am so thankful to have the dh I do. He is absolutely amazing. When I thanked him last night, he llaughed and said "I do not babysit or watch my children. They are my children too. It's called parenting" But I thanked him for parenting almost entirely alone this weekend for my triathalon.
That's great. DH says the same thing, and kind of the times he's heard parents talking about dads "babysitting." I'm so glad the weekend went well for you guys.

Six Flags yesterday went amazingly well, and I *know* the only reason I made it through was because of the techniques from this wonderful book. My reactions and perceptions of things were positive. I am usually somewhat of a pessimist by nature. We only had one major meltdown from my youngest DD. She was hot and thirsty, and I talked her through it using empathy and moved on.
MamaMansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:30 AM   #7
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't done the reading but, fromthe intro to this thread, I need to. I'm having a hard time connecting and creating cooperation with Adeline. She is driving me nuts. She's talking back and contradicting me in tones that infuriate me. I need to pivot. She provided me that chance and I didn't take it. I didn't want to at that moment.

How do you get yourself to that place where you are willing to turn things around? I think I need to repeat this challenge as soon as we finish. I feel like I'm still on week 1 stuff here.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:18 PM   #8
KLin
Rose Garden

KLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond repute

I am still here.

My boys are doing so much better. They are helping each other, listening better when I am paying attention and more focused on what is needed and not wanted. I have been great at re-directing them and calming myself in high stress moments.

I do have some reading to do, and my DH is going on a trip for a few days , so I will have reading time.
Hope to post some more up to date goals in the next day or so. I also now have my printer up and running to get my notecards out and use them .

KLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:26 PM   #9
Radosny Matka
Rose Garden

I am so blessed!

Radosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond repute

Things are going pretty well here too - not perfect, but pretty good. Not posting much, but am following along.

Remembering our babies: 12/98 9/99 12/09 1/17
Radosny Matka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:56 AM   #10
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

week 5, day 3