Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 04-17-2008, 05:35 AM   #31
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bentonite Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by righteous mama
Does it cleanse the liver? I just got back blood results and my liver enzymes are high. It runs in my family. My mom struggles with her levels and my grandpa died with cirrhosis even though he never drank alcohol.

A very easy way to cleanse your liver is lemon water. Fresh squeezed lemon juice - best to take at least 24 ounces on an empty stomach

NOt saying that clay wouldn't be great too but lemon juice draws toxins out of the liver.

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:46 AM   #32
thomer
Rose Garden

thomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond repute

Could you take it in capsule form?
Old 04-17-2008, 07:10 AM   #33
amstermarie
Rose Garden

amstermarie is a jewel in the roughamstermarie is a jewel in the roughamstermarie is a jewel in the roughamstermarie is a jewel in the rough

thanx me.. going to look into it for autism.. the MRSA dh was just loaded up w/ anitbiotics and a special soap and a nose spray..

Ricky 11/00
T.J 9/02
Adam 9/5/05
Dylan 9/18/12

Theresa born in water 1/29/2008

Kadin 3/04
Baby 2/15
Baby 11/15
amstermarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:14 AM   #34
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

JJsMOM as for itchy ears..that could be yeast too.. I have found that swabbing them out with tea tree oil helps.

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:30 AM   #35
righteous mama
Rose Garden

righteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama
Quote:
Does it cleanse the liver? I just got back blood results and my liver enzymes are high. It runs in my family. My mom struggles with her levels and my grandpa died with cirrhosis even though he never drank alcohol.

A very easy way to cleanse your liver is lemon water. Fresh squeezed lemon juice - best to take at least 24 ounces on an empty stomach

NOt saying that clay wouldn't be great too but lemon juice draws toxins out of the liver.
So, like squeeze one whole lemon into 24 ounces of water? It that right? That seems easy.

Also, when I did the mask on my face I covered my scar with it. As it tightened it began to hurt really bad. I probably washed it off a bit too early because of that. I'm wondering why it hurt. Refresher...I had skin cancer removed and have a scar from the middle of my nose (between the nostrils) down through my lip. It didn't necessarily hurt like bad hurt, it could've been drawing out toxins from the surgery and tightening the skin...which if I can handle it, it could be a good way of getting rid of the scar. I just wondered if any other clay users had any knowledge on this.
mama to farmer girl (21) princess lionheart (16), and dandelion queen (11)

~infp~

Our God is Healer, Awesome in Power!
righteous mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:10 AM   #36
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation

A new thing I found is it is completely/mentally unnoticeable in cocoa.
My daughter has been able to start detecting when it is or isnt in her smoothie. Which I find really interesting that she can do. But she is a super texture detector (sensory issues).

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So, like squeeze one whole lemon into 24 ounces of water? It that right? That seems easy.

Also, when I did the mask on my face I covered my scar with it. As it tightened it began to hurt really bad. I probably washed it off a bit too early because of that. I'm wondering why it hurt. Refresher...I had skin cancer removed and have a scar from the middle of my nose (between the nostrils) down through my lip. It didn't necessarily hurt like bad hurt, it could've been drawing out toxins from the surgery and tightening the skin...which if I can handle it, it could be a good way of getting rid of the scar. I just wondered if any other clay users had any knowledge on this.
Last night I put some on a large mole on my back. Ive had it checked out by my dermatologist and she said it was nothing to worry about. But I started getting kind of a tightening feeling that didnt hurt but kind of surprised me. I rubbed it off with my hand on the spost Im gonna email Carol and ask her. I did notice that the book that lists the liver also lists moles and scars I just might have to get that book sooner than I had planned. Im curious too if anyone knows more about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobluegirl
JJsMOM as for itchy ears..that could be yeast too.. I have found that swabbing them out with tea tree oil helps.
we get itchy ears with our allergies sometimes and we use NutriBiotic ear drops with grapefruit seed and .5% tea tree oil. Its kind of pricey but it only takes once for us and the itches dont return unless we have a seperat allergy flare.

Amster..I wish I knew more about clay or anything else for that matter that could help him

Righteous mama-Im pretty sure my liver is working over time with the prenatal probs I always have. Would it be ok for me to do that? So long as im taking the clay I have no problem with pulling out toxins because the clay will quickly absorb it and remove it. But is there any harm for me to take that much lemon for any reason I might not know of? I have been craving homemade limeade lady crazy
me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:11 AM   #37
me
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomer
Theres a mom here that takes it in capsule. Ive never seen it in capsule though. Not sure where she gets it. Let me look and see who it was
Eta: It was MamaLovesDaddy who mentioned it. Perhaps she could be persuaded by pm to share with us
Old 04-17-2008, 11:12 AM   #38
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

and the more the better. When Luke's liver numbers (it wasn't enzymes but something else) were high, we substituted all his water for lemon water and pushed it HARD. Within 2 weeks, his numbers were normal I would drink all my water with lemon in it for a week or two But be sure to do 24 ounces in the on an empty stomach at least once a day.

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
Old 04-17-2008, 12:03 PM   #39
thomer
Rose Garden

thomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomer
Theres a mom here that takes it in capsule. Ive never seen it in capsule though. Not sure where she gets it. Let me look and see who it was
Eta: It was MamaLovesDaddy who mentioned it. Perhaps she could be persuaded by pm to share with us
Well I could always capsule it myself.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:06 PM   #40
JJsMom
Rose Garden

JJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks me! I'm going to try that as soon as I get it (btw, I ordered from that earthslivingclay too). I know the toenail thing bugs my dh so he'll be willing to try it.
And thanks cobluegirl for the tto suggestion, I'm going to try that today! I remember you had a post about itchy ears awhile back (right?). I also wonder if we might have a yeast problem.
This thread is fun. There are all these wonderful suggestions all coming together.
Gave birth to my J-bird 10 yrs ago (ds)
Homebirthed my LuLu 7 yrs ago (dd)
Homebirthed my Punkin' seed (and Great Grandma's namesake) 4 years ago. (dd)
And had our newest arrival, JellyBean 2 years ago. (dd)

I still miss my Great Grandma every single day. I'm not ready to take her picture out of my avi. She feels closer this way.
JJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JJsMom For This Useful Post:
Elora (10-07-2010)
Old 04-17-2008, 06:55 PM   #41
MamaLovesDaddy

Hey! Yes, I do take it in capsule form - Called Blue Heron. It is not clay only - it is a mixture of great fibers to get the colon and intestines cleaned out. It helps to keep the liver from reabsorbing and refiltering hormones that have already been released with the bile. So in that way it does help the liver very much. Some other great ways to help the liver are: Milk Thistle - one 300 mg capsule per day with standardized 80% silymarine; a good B complex helps the liver to assimilate and metabolize estrogen better; also, Cal/mag; but very importantly be sure to eliminate anything that bloats you when you eat it - if it bloats you, that is a good sign you are unable to absorb it well (wheat is a HUGE culprit).

It is true that Lemon is very good for the internal systems - most of our organs do well when it is put thru since it is an astringent. However, one of the very best foods for the liver is Nettles. You can eat them cooked just like spinach, or drink them in tea or make a good soup out of it. I take nettle, red rasp and dandelion (also good for the liver/digestion) tea - 1 quart a day. Red Beats juice and carrot juice are also helpful to add to the diet and a tea of burdock rt, oregon grape root, yellow dock, dandelion root, echinacea root and sarsaparilla mixed well - 1 Tablespoon per 2 cups of water for 20 minutes makes a great tea - 1x a day for a serious liver pickerupper. I have lots of recipes and a whole liver detox diet if anyone is interested in them. A detox diet can be done during pregnancy, whereas liver detox systems are not good for pregnancy because you don't want toxins being released into your system and many of the herbs used are counterindicated for pregnancy.

There's my 2 1/2 cents!
Old 04-18-2008, 09:24 AM   #42
me
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLovesDaddy
.... A detox diet can be done during pregnancy, whereas liver detox systems are not good for pregnancy because you don't want toxins being released into your system and many of the herbs used are counterindicated for pregnancy.

There's my 2 1/2 cents!
Thanks

Eta: http://www.earthslivingclay.com/nbb_products.htm has lotion with clay in it, they werent selling it when I first ordered. I love soaps with clay but have never seen lotion with it. If anyone uses clay with lotion or tries it before I have extra spending money, pleeeeeease let me know how it feels.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:56 AM   #43
me
Rose Garden

I emailed Carol this weekend at earthslivingclay and she sent me back some info on liver, moles, scars, and allergies! I have got to, got to, got to, get their book . Here's what she said:

"...Although I have not worked first hand with using the clay on moles, according to the information in my clay books the protocol is as follows: Drink 2 oz. clay twice daily. Dab on a relatively heavy amount of hydrated clay directly on the mole. Leave it on and allow it to dry. Repeat this process 5-6 times daily. At the end of the day apply the last coating, cover with a cloth bandage and leave on all night. After 7-14 days you will notice small pieces of the mole simply flaking off. Continue until completely gone. it could take as long as 30 days. The pulling effect is the clay drying up the mole.

The issue with the scar: This treatment takes several months as the clay is working to remove the knotting, and keloid effects of the scar. In the book " Living Clay" Perry A' says to drink 2 oz.clay twice daily and apply the clay about 1/4" thick to the area and cover with saran wrap for at least 1 hr. then rinse. She would need to do this daily...."
Allergies"...The following is an excerpt from Ran Knishinsky's book, The Clay Cure:

Allergies and hay fever are caused by the release of histamines. The liver becomes plugged up with toxins and fatty tissue and therefore cannot produce the necessary antihistamines to neutralize the allergic reactions. The first thing to do is clean and rebuild the liver. Once that is done, the allergies and hay fever may disappear.

The good news about clay is that not only will it help stimulate the eliminatory channels, but it can effectively treat allergies and hay fever. Adsorption is a relatively quick process--almost instantaneous in certain cases. The adsorptive surfaces of the clay prevent the allergic reaction by quickly neutralizing allergens before these foreign invaders can attach themselves to the blood cells. In addition, any histamines produced by the allergens that have "gotten away" can also be quickly adsorbed. Water-soluble allergens are bound up by clay because if its intense hydrophilic (water-loving) nature.

Some people, after taking the clay, notice an immediate improvement in their condition. Sometimes the allergies and hay fever disappear altogether. Others see no sudden improvement and must keep taking the clay quite a while before they obtain visible results. The reaction, of course, depends on the state of the liver and the condition of the immune system. A healthier liver will bounce back more quickly than one that is sick.

If you do not achieve results relatively quickly, then give the clay time to work. One heaping teaspoon once per day in a glass of freshly squeezed lemon water will be sufficient. In the meantime, take advantage of homeopathic detoxification remedies and herbal formulas to stimulate cleansing."

I know for me and the kids, since we have have entered spring drinking the clay, we havent had to take benadryl or singulair or my asthma inhaler since. At the beginning for the first few days of the clay, which was also the beginning of spring, we did have to take meds. We still get light allergy symptoms but they are like "normal" peoples now We just dab a little clay on the spot, wash our eyes if they water, or take a clay bath when our body releases the allergin, then we are fine in minutes!

I also found the use of clay with vericose veins:
"When dealing with varicose and spider veins, many naturopaths recommend first and foremost an internal detoxification to clean the blood, increase the strength and flexibility of the vein walls, and improve circulation. When it comes to detoxing, nothing works better than Calcium Bentonite Clay. (CLICK HERE to learn more about detoxification)

In his book The Healing Clay, Michel Abehsera has the following recommendations for dealing with spider and varicose veins: First a thorough detoxification. That is followed with local applications of hydrated clay, which is allowed to dry for approximate 1 to 1 1/2 hours, then washed off and reapplied. He also recommends sleeping with light clay applications, and frequent clay baths to help increase circulation.

Ran Knishinsky, author of The Clay Cure, recommends ingesting clay daily. To do this, you can either eat hydrated clay or drink liquefied clay. Generally, it is suggested that one to two tablespoons of hydrated clay daily is the proper amount for an adult. For those who prefer to take their clay in liquid form, we recommend one to two ounces daily. In all three cases, it is recommended to take the clay on an empty stomach for best results. And if you're taking any medication, it is recommended to wait 1-3 hours before ingesting clay, but please check with your physician, as medications vary in time release and content. Also soak 15- 20 minutes at least once a week in a hot bath into which a cup of powdered clay or 2-4 cups of liquefied Calcium Bentonite Clay has been added."
Old 04-21-2008, 05:37 PM   #44
Praise

Thanks for all that info, me! I'm sold!
Old 04-22-2008, 06:19 AM   #45
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I emailed her and have yet to hear about clay and breastfeeding but I noticed that another mom on the board talked about using it internally ????

Anyone have info ?